Hand Painted LOVE Sign With Fairy Lights - Perfect for Valentine's Day

$20

I love creating various signs for my home decor, this sign was inspired by 'circus' type font and vintage posters I love. I made this sign just in time for Valentine's day, however, it will be staying on our wall all year round! As this is made with battery operated lights - no need to worry about electricity bill either! Follow the instructions and you can create this for your home (I have linked to PDF

hand painted love sign with fairy lights perfect for valentine s day

I started by marking the frame (this is totally optional but it looks so goodw with a frame) on wood in pencil (don't glue the frame yet as it will make it harder to paint the letters)

Stain or paint the wooden plaque - I chose to stain it with watered down emulsion (latex paint) in pink.

Once dry, using a tracing paper trace your text on the wood.

start by painting the white parts on the font, then once dry paint the outline in black (it is easier to rectify mistakes by using black)

measure and mark the wood, where you are planning on putting your fairy lights, then drill the holes (measure your drill bit against the fairy light and use the same thickness so the lights don't move around)

Simply cut some wooden moulding to create the frame. I used a mitre box as I find it is the easiet way to create nice neat angles.

Paint your frame, and glue it on the wood. I used Gorilla Glue Clear (any wood glue will suffice but if you are using the gorilla glue clear make sure you wet one surface slightly and clamp the frame for at least 2 hours)

to cover the battery pack, I simply put a piece of timber at the back, added hooks and taped the fairy lights.

Switch the lights on and enjoy!

From Evija with Love