DIY Homemade Window and Mirror Cleaner

$1

I switched to natural cleaning products about 15 years ago. There weren't many brands available then, so I had to make my own. I went through a lot of trial and error before I came up with a window cleaner that I liked. This has the benefits of two different cleaners plus a secret ingredient.

diy homemade window and mirror cleaner

You'll need:

1/2 cup distilled water

1/2 cup rubbing alcohol

1/4 cup vinegar

1 tablespoon arrowroot powder

20 drops lemon essential oil

You'll also need a spray bottle. It's best to use glass when you use essential oils.

I really like these spray bottles. They come in a three pack with clear, blue, and amber. They have a cap, sprayer, and pump, so you can use them for several projects.

diy homemade window and mirror cleaner

Add the distilled water, rubbing alcohol, vinegar, and arrowroot powder to the bottle.

I used a little funnel just so I wouldn't spill anything.

diy homemade window and mirror cleaner

Then I added the lemon essential oil.

This makes it smell great and helps cut grease.

diy homemade window and mirror cleaner

You can use this glass cleaner on windows, mirrors, and other glass. I don't use it on my TV because I'm not sure if the arrowroot powder will scratch it.

The arrowroot powder can leave a film if you don't buff the glass enough while cleaning. If this happens, use a dry microfiber cloth to wipe it.

So why do you use arrowroot powder in a glass cleaner?? It helps cut through grime because it's a mild abrasive, but it's not harsh enough to scratch the glass.

Click over to the blog post to learn more about why I used each ingredient.

Everything Pretty