Old Sweater to Sweater Pillow

$2

We had an old sweater that was still in good shape but it wasn't being worn. It was time to repurpose it into a no sew sweater pillow so it would get some love again.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

old sweater to sweater pillow

This is the original sweater, it was a gift to my husband from his grandma. He wasn't wearing it anymore but didn't want to part with it as it since it was a memory he had with her. I asked him if he'd be okay with me turning it into a pillow so it could be loved again. He agreed.

old sweater to sweater pillow

I started by cutting off the sleeves.

old sweater to sweater pillow

I then cut off the top of the sweater using the lines that were there to guide me.

old sweater to sweater pillow

I hot glued the sleeve openings together. (You could alternatively sew this project if you like.)

old sweater to sweater pillow

I hot glued the top of the sweater a few inches in as I wanted to have a flap to match the bottom of the sweater. I also dabbed hot glue on the very inside of the top edges to prevent fraying.

old sweater to sweater pillow

On the bottom of the sweater I measured self adhesive hook and loop fastener.

By creating an opening like this, I would be able to wash the pillow and pillow case.

old sweater to sweater pillow

I placed the self adhesive hook and loop fastener inside the bottom of the sweater. I did this about as far in as I had on the top creating a flap on both sides so the top and bottom would match.

old sweater to sweater pillow

I stuffed my pillow inside the sweater and pressed the hook and loop fastener closed.

old sweater to sweater pillow

Here's the completed pillow.

old sweater to sweater pillow

My husband is happy to see this sweater everyday, and my kids love laying on it which also makes him happy as well.

old sweater to sweater pillow

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Lisa West

Very cool. So comfy. Doesmt it make every one happy when you can turn an item into a usable peice again? Your hubby must be very happy his grandma is still with him and the family. I am also sure this would be grandma approved. Great idea. Also so many memories to come with just thay pillow.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Thank you so much Lisa, we are very much enjoying it. It has also brought up so many stories as he sees it and it sparks a memory that he shares. Even better upcycle than we expected.

• Tanya Marie

Does the glue last thru a washing machine ?

• Nanax4x2

Cool idea! I'd keep the sleeves on, glue the one side closed, Velcro the other end and keep the remote in there, that is if your using it in an area where the remote will be, or even a phone holder to keep it close to you, especially if your napping! Just a thought........

• Cealia Robertson

I have some beautiful VERY old Christmas sweaters. I am a girl who loves her sewing machine.

These sweaters are 30+ yo. My kids did not want me to give them away. So each child will get 1 for Christmas. Thank you for giving me a gift to give.