Old Sweater to Sweater Pillow

$2

We had an old sweater that was still in good shape but it wasn't being worn. It was time to repurpose it into a no sew sweater pillow so it would get some love again.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

This is the original sweater, it was a gift to my husband from his grandma. He wasn't wearing it anymore but didn't want to part with it as it since it was a memory he had with her. I asked him if he'd be okay with me turning it into a pillow so it could be loved again. He agreed.

I started by cutting off the sleeves.

I then cut off the top of the sweater using the lines that were there to guide me.

I hot glued the sleeve openings together. (You could alternatively sew this project if you like.)

I hot glued the top of the sweater a few inches in as I wanted to have a flap to match the bottom of the sweater. I also dabbed hot glue on the very inside of the top edges to prevent fraying.

On the bottom of the sweater I measured self adhesive hook and loop fastener.

By creating an opening like this, I would be able to wash the pillow and pillow case.

I placed the self adhesive hook and loop fastener inside the bottom of the sweater. I did this about as far in as I had on the top creating a flap on both sides so the top and bottom would match.

I stuffed my pillow inside the sweater and pressed the hook and loop fastener closed.

Here's the completed pillow.

My husband is happy to see this sweater everyday, and my kids love laying on it which also makes him happy as well.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Lisa West

Very cool. So comfy. Doesmt it make every one happy when you can turn an item into a usable peice again? Your hubby must be very happy his grandma is still with him and the family. I am also sure this would be grandma approved. Great idea. Also so many memories to come with just thay pillow.

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Thank you so much Lisa, we are very much enjoying it. It has also brought up so many stories as he sees it and it sparks a memory that he shares. Even better upcycle than we expected.

• Tanya Marie

Does the glue last thru a washing machine ?

• Nanax4x2

Cool idea! I'd keep the sleeves on, glue the one side closed, Velcro the other end and keep the remote in there, that is if your using it in an area where the remote will be, or even a phone holder to keep it close to you, especially if your napping! Just a thought........

• Cealia Robertson

I have some beautiful VERY old Christmas sweaters. I am a girl who loves her sewing machine.

These sweaters are 30+ yo. My kids did not want me to give them away. So each child will get 1 for Christmas. Thank you for giving me a gift to give.