How to best clean hardwood floors?

+4
  • William William on Mar 04, 2019

Bona for hardwood floors.

• Cindy Cindy on Mar 04, 2019

Hi Karen. I did a bit of reading so that I could answer your question properly. This is what I learned. - Hard woods are best cleaned with a mop paired with a machine-washable, microfiber pad for dusting and cleaning. Don't lift the pad while cleaning. The dust and dirt will hang on to the microfiber pad. Avoid using water and vinegar, soap-based cleaners, wax or steam cleaners on your hard wood flooring. They will dull the floors finish over time. Soap and wax will leave residue. The best way to clean your investment is to lightly mist it with a hardwood floor cleaner. That should be enough to give a great clean. Good luck Karen.

• Michelle Leslie Michelle Leslie on Mar 05, 2019

Hi Karen, this video will show you how - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUtO1JVtJMA

• Pamela Pamela on Mar 05, 2019

Hi ! I use hot water and white vinegar ! That's it ! Once a year I use a product called quick shine made by Halloway House . ( make sure You get the one for wood floors )You use it on a clean floor, squirt it on and spread it around , I use a dollar store sponge mop and throw it out when done . You can do up to 7 coats , that will be like a bowling alley type finish . I use 1-2 coats . My 60+ year old floors look great !

• By Brittany Goldwyn By Brittany Goldwyn on Mar 06, 2019

Bona!

• I always just use vinegar and water. If they look dull, I add some Method wood cleaner which smells amazing and makes the floors shiny again.

• Kathleen Kathleen on Mar 12, 2019

i also just use water and vinegar, it is the best. does not cost alot too.