Dining Room and Gallery Wall Reveal! #WallCandy

Hello Friends, so glad you dropped by today! I am experiencing pre-Spring fever, you know-- that urge to cleanse, refresh and overall brighten my surroundings. I have been wanting to repaint my dining room and update the mocha brown color.
shabby chic dining room frames white grey, dining room ideas, home decor, painting, repurposing upcycling, wall decor
After being thrilled with the results from a makeover project I completed awhile back, I decided I wanted to use gray and was off to Home Depot. (I am convinced their Behr Ultra Plus Primer brand is the best for painting walls.) Pretty quickly I found a soothing pale shade I was drawn to, and stood in line to have it mixed--seems I wasn't the only one with a project in mind!
Once I got home, it didn't take long for me to realize two things:
A. The color I chose was almost identical to some Vintage dishes I recently purchased--leave it to me to find inspiration in dinnerware!
B. I am somewhat schizophrenic when it comes to painting. Here's what I mean--as I started painting, I immediately panicked when my anticipated dreamy gray appeared to be white! Since I only intended to paint this wall and the other walls were a creamy off white, I was already contemplating getting a whole different shade. However, within an hour when the paint dried to the exact shade I imagined, the conversation in my mind went from, "Oh No!" to "I love it and I am going to paint the rest of the walls too!"
(And I did, a week later!)
Here's the lovely silvery gray once it dried.
I had been collecting inexpensive thrift store frames to create a gallery wall.
I painted them all white....
...and after allowing the paint to dry overnight, I arranged all of my fabulous frames, first on the floor until I liked the arrangement and then on the wall. I am absolutely smitten with the fresh white frames against this pale gray!
Here's view of the dining room--what do you think?!
See more on my blog from these two posts: http://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com/2014/02/four-walls-of-gray-ten-frames-of-white.html
http://mythriftstoreaddiction.blogspot.com/2014/02/fridays-find_21.html

Cecilia MyThriftStoreAddiction

1 comment