DIY Marbled Resin Coffee Table

$200
Advanced

You guys I have been waiting to share with you my Coffee Table which I made with my own Two Hands okay not really Two maybe Four as I needed a little help from the husband.I still can’t believe it is completed, not because it was complicated to make or anything but it had a lot of steps that had to be done before I could move onto the next. Alot of waiting games had to be played.

I ordered a wooden pieces in the size 2ft by 4ft, 3/4 inch thickness as I knew I would make it into a coffee table.

I stumbled upon these beautiful Agate Crystal Slices and from that point onwards I knew I had to incorporate it in my design someway somehow.

So I decided on a creating a Marbled Pattern. The top of the table was going to be split in three parts. Two of the sides would have the Marbled Patten and in the middle I would showcase the Agate Slices.

I taped off the middle completely with masking tape so I could work on the Marbling without having to worry about the paint staining the centre.

Then I poured each paint one by one and moved the wood panel around to create the Marbled design.

When the paint had dried, I glued on the Agate Slices and topped off the entire table with Resin.

I had to wait In between adding the resin layers as it needed about three coats in total.

To finish off the sides of the table I attached wood pieces on all four sides of 3/4 inch thickness.I stained the wood pieces first using a dark wood coloured stain. When it was dry I screwed it into the sides of the coffee table.

The last step was to attach the hairpin legs which is really easy to do as you just flip the table and screw in the legs.

Here is the final result.

And there you have it.

What do you guys think?

Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Anam - Delicious And DIY

• Dani

very inspiring .. I have a kitchen table that would like to try something like this... thanks for sharing..

• Crumly

Very cool. I love agates.