DIY Marbled Resin Coffee Table

$200
Advanced

You guys I have been waiting to share with you my Coffee Table which I made with my own Two Hands okay not really Two maybe Four as I needed a little help from the husband.I still can’t believe it is completed, not because it was complicated to make or anything but it had a lot of steps that had to be done before I could move onto the next. Alot of waiting games had to be played.

diy marbled resin coffee table

I ordered a wooden pieces in the size 2ft by 4ft, 3/4 inch thickness as I knew I would make it into a coffee table.

diy marbled resin coffee table

I stumbled upon these beautiful Agate Crystal Slices and from that point onwards I knew I had to incorporate it in my design someway somehow.

diy marbled resin coffee table

So I decided on a creating a Marbled Pattern. The top of the table was going to be split in three parts. Two of the sides would have the Marbled Patten and in the middle I would showcase the Agate Slices.

I taped off the middle completely with masking tape so I could work on the Marbling without having to worry about the paint staining the centre.

Then I poured each paint one by one and moved the wood panel around to create the Marbled design.

diy marbled resin coffee table

When the paint had dried, I glued on the Agate Slices and topped off the entire table with Resin.

I had to wait In between adding the resin layers as it needed about three coats in total.

diy marbled resin coffee table

To finish off the sides of the table I attached wood pieces on all four sides of 3/4 inch thickness.I stained the wood pieces first using a dark wood coloured stain. When it was dry I screwed it into the sides of the coffee table.

diy marbled resin coffee table

The last step was to attach the hairpin legs which is really easy to do as you just flip the table and screw in the legs.

Here is the final result.

diy marbled resin coffee table

And there you have it.

What do you guys think?

diy marbled resin coffee table
Anam - Delicious And DIY

• Corinne

You poured 3 coats of resin on the entire table? How did it stay on top of the table without running off the edge?

• Vienna Sausage

I have also found that it is similar to Demensional Mod Podge in a sense that its chemical properties like to bond to itself. It's much different than pouring a substance like PVA glue onto a flat surface, you know that will dump right off the edge. I have used masking tape around the sides of flat surfaces when using resin in the past. With its strong chemical bonds and high viscosity, the resin is more inclined to stay on the flat surface than run of the sides. Using masking tape instead of the wood strips would be just fine in this project. I am not sure if there was a brand she specified, but you really don't want to skimp on the resin. The higher the price, the better the quality, the more likely you are going to get the best results in your efforts.

• Gruber

How much did it cost? :) its so good

• BettyAnn

t what point did you add the glitter... kind of an important step to leave out. Did you pour one layer of resin and then add glitter. I really like this and the glitter really makes it pop.

Betty

• Gruber

Great job

• Dani

very inspiring .. I have a kitchen table that would like to try something like this... thanks for sharing..