Flower Wall Hanging

$5

With spring in full swing, it was time to update my fireplace mantel. I had a wall hanging above my fireplace for a couple months and loved it, but wanted something new... with flowers. I decided to try my hand at making a floral wall hanging and am so happy I did, because I love it! It was super easy to make and I made it with stuff I had around the house.

flower wall hanging
flower wall hanging

Decide how long you want your wall hanging and cut the yarn to length. I used a couple pieces together, folded in half and tied to the wooden dowel.

flower wall hanging

Space the yarn out evenly and start tying the yarn together in a new pattern. Make sure to tie double knots during this part.

flower wall hanging

When all your knots are tied, it's time to start adding flowers. I had some vines from a topiary I took apart, so I used some of those, but you can add individual leaves also. I tied the vines onto the wall hanging with yarn.

flower wall hanging

When I was happy with the amount of leaves, I started adding flowers. I cut or pulled the stems off and started adding the flowers with my hot glue gun.

flower wall hanging

Continue adding flowers until you are happy with your wall hanging.

flower wall hanging

That's it... easy right? Now hang it and enjoy! This would also be a beautiful backdrop for a wedding, bridal shower or baby shower. I could see this at a luau or in a nursery also!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Kathy

What type of flowers would you use for a coastal look? My colors are blue, aqua, mint and various shades of coral? I would like to try this as something different different. Such a cute idea!

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Look how pretty these colors are - I think they would go great with a coastal theme. You can also add seashells or star fish.

• NaniJen

No question, just wanted to say this is absolutely beautiful! I am currently redecorating my bedroom in a bohemian style, and I think I am definitely going to do this! I think it has a whimsical, boho feel. Thank you for creating and sharing! 🥰

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Thank you so much and I totally agree With the whimsical boho look. I hope you make it and enjoy it as much as I do!

• Teresa

This is so pretty! I think it would be perfect in a little girl’s room too!