Warm White Stained Top Coffee Table

$100

Are you a fan of combined refinished wood and painted pieces? I find they are a perfect combination to update vintage pieces.
I have many tutorials of these combos on my blog.
This vintage 3 piece set got a well deserved makeover giving them many more years of life. Here is more on the coffee table.
The tops of all were stripped with paint stripper, power sanded and stained antique walnut stain from General Finishes and sealed with 4 coats of their high performance poly. Aren't they gorgeous? You can't buy hardwood like this much anymore with out paying a fortune.
The base was painted in Dixie Belle drop cloth using their paint brush. I did 2 coats then sanded it smooth.
Here are more Dixie Belle drop cloth projects I have done.
To seal the paint, I used Dixie Belle easy peasy spray wax in clear then to add dimension used Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax. You can see the clear above on left and the ageing wax on the right catching perfectly in the grooves.
This table turned out gorgeous and found a new home in short order. I love giving pieces like this a new lease on life to be used by future generations and save them from the landfill or stuffed in storage. Do you have a piece that might enjoy this type of makeover?
FULL tutorial here https://creativemoments10.blogspot.com/2019/04/french-provincial-coffee-table-with.html

Creative Moments

• Cheryl

Beautiful!!! I love pieces painted brown and white. They just look stunning. Hoping to do this with some pieces I have.

• Janet

Beautiful. You are a true artist.

I would, personal preference, skip the aging wax, as I love a more "clean" look. I am not a fan of distressing either, but we all have our preferences.

I do love this.

• Creative Moments

thanks Janet, appreciate the kind words and insight. I totally agree it is great we all have varying taste to keep pieces unique to each one of us :)