Warm White Stained Top Coffee Table

$100

Are you a fan of refinished wood and painted pieces? I find they are a perfect combination to update vintage pieces.

warm white stained top coffee table

This vintage 3 piece set got a well deserved makeover giving them many more years of life. Here is more on the coffee table.

warm white stained top coffee table

The tops of all were stripped with paint stripper, power sanded and stained antique walnut stain from General Finishes and sealed with 4 coats of their high performance poly. Aren't they gorgeous? You can't buy hardwood like this much anymore with out paying a fortune.

warm white stained top coffee table

The base was painted in Dixie Belle drop cloth using their paint brush. I did 2 coats then sanded it smooth.

warm white stained top coffee table

To seal the paint, I used Dixie Belle easy peasy spray wax in clear then to add dimension used Fusion Mineral Paint's ageing wax. You can see the clear above on left and the ageing wax on the right catching perfectly in the grooves.

warm white stained top coffee table

This table turned out gorgeous and found a new home in short order. I love giving pieces like this a new lease on life to be used by future generations and save them from the landfill or stuffed in storage. Do you have a piece that might enjoy this type of makeover?

FULL tutorial here https://creativemoments10.blogspot.com/2019/04/french-provincial-coffee-table-with.html

Creative Moments

I love the mix of wood and paint. Not all furniture needs to be completely painted. Looks amazing.

• Creative Moments

my signature look is a combination of stained wood and painting, thanks for that

• Pat C

I have never refinished a piece of furniture myself, but I do love the look of a stained top and painted base. Very nice!!