How can I make an easy sew-free project with denim?

PamelaTinyshoesCynthia H
+5

I have many, many pairs of kids Jean's with holes in the knees and would hate to see them fo to waste. I dont have a sewing machine yet. Any ideas?

• Pamela
    Pamela

Many , many , many years ago , when girls still had mandatory home ect. Sewing class made mean skirts and hobo bags . With them .

• Good for You! The tide was turning when I was in Junior High now called middle school. My girlfriend wanted to take woodshop and metal shop instead of cooking and sewing. Her parents had to go to the board of education. That first year, she was the only girl in the class. After that, there were more AND boys started turning up in the cooking and sewing classes. You were a trendsetter, be proud! 🤗

• DesertRose
    DesertRose

Denim works well to weave into rugs or mats, it is great to glue on surfaces like for coasters, I made a clock with some denim and an embroidery ring. You could make some to sell? I also made a handy pocket holder for the craft wall. Here is one or two ideas with the denim in this tutorial: https://www.hometalk.com/35150244/embroidery-hoops-six-more-uses-for-crafts

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

Years ago I did a simple woven throw rug with strips of jeans. You could also braid strips and glue the braids together.

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes

Tracey....Coasters are nice as well as covering baskets. You can also cover cans to hold different items such as craft, pencils, pins, buttons, etc. Have fun!

• Pamela
    Pamela

So sorry , I didn't read your question , right ..You said no sew !!!