Amanda Garvin
Amanda Garvin
  • Beaverton, OR

How to Make DIY Mini Triangle Shelves

$10

Who doesn't love something mini? Today's simple project might be one of my favorites! These little triangle shelves are too cute would be perfect to add to the bathroom, a nursery, or the end of the hallway.

If you like this project, you can see more simple DIY projects ideas on my blog, A Crafted Passion.

Let me show you how to make your own!

how to make diy mini triangle shelves

1) Start by cutting your wood to the depth you want your shelf. I cut mine about two inches wide.

2) Next, cut those 2" boards into 3-5" lengths at a 30 degree angle. Continue cutting until you have at least 3 strips of wood for a triangle. Be sure to flip the wood so that each angled cut is going into each other.

3) Sand the wood to clean up all the edges.

how to make diy mini triangle shelves

4) Use painter's tape and wood glue to attach the boards. Start with one piece of wood and put a strip of tape on each side of the piece of wood. 

how to make diy mini triangle shelves

Lay that wood with with the tape on your workspace with the sticky side up. Place your next edge piece next to the other one and pull the tape tight to hold it in place until the glue dries.

Repeat until all your triangle shelves are shaped and taped.

how to make diy mini triangle shelves

5) Once the glue has dried, paint the triangle shelves. Tape off sections and then spray paint the shelves to have a mix of raw wood and black.

how to make diy mini triangle shelves

I love how these shelves turned out and are the perfect little accent piece to put on our wall.

If you want another simple DIY project using wood, check out this DIY modern picture ledge.

Amanda Garvin