Lisa Neri
Lisa Neri
  • Italy

All-Natural Healthy Homemade Tooth Powder

$1

Ditch all those harmful chemicals in your toothpaste and make this fantastic homemade tooth powder! The ingredients are all natural, making for more healthy teeth!

all natural healthy homemade tooth powder

This tooth powder only takes a couple of minutes to mix and is really easy to use. Even kids enjoy brushing their teeth with this natural tooth powder!

This dry powder can be used for months without refrigeration or going bad.

There are different dry ingredients that can be used for this powder, but my favorite are baking soda and kaolin (white clay).

Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of kaolin in a jar.

Add your preferred essential oils. I highly suggest you add some peppermint essential oil to make the powder feel fresh in your mouth. Then cover the jar and shake it to mix the essential oil in with the powder.

My favorite mix is 10 drops of mint essential oil and 10 drops of tea tree oil. I love the taste and smell of tea tree oil and its anti-bacterial properties are perfect for keeping your teeth clean.

I make an orange version for my daughter and, when I have a lot of fresh sage, I dry it out and make a sage tooth powder. You can find those recipes here: https://www.cucicucicoo.com/2014/04/make-natural-homemade-tooth-powder-recipes/

Dip your damp toothbrush in the jar and start brushing!

(Note: some people say that you shouldn't dip your toothbrush in the powder jar because you are introducing dampness and/or bacteria. I make small batches of powder and shake excess water out of my toothbrush before dipping it in, so I personally don't worry about it.)

The flavor is very different (and much more natural) from usual commercial toothpaste. After a few days, though, you will get used to it. After using this powder for a while, you will hate the taste of regular toothpaste!

Make some up for the whole family and you will enjoy clean and healthy teeth without any harmful chemicals!

Find all three of my all-natural tooth powder recipes here: https://www.cucicucicoo.com/2014/04/make-natural-homemade-tooth-powder-recipes/

• Baking soda  (supermarket)
  • Kaolin (white clay)  (https://amzn.to/30xqP33)
  • Mint essential oil

Lisa Neri