All-Natural Healthy Homemade Tooth Powder

$1

Ditch all those harmful chemicals in your toothpaste and make this fantastic homemade tooth powder! The ingredients are all natural, making for more healthy teeth!

This tooth powder only takes a couple of minutes to mix and is really easy to use. Even kids enjoy brushing their teeth with this natural tooth powder!

This dry powder can be used for months without refrigeration or going bad.

There are different dry ingredients that can be used for this powder, but my favorite are baking soda and kaolin (white clay).

Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 2 tablespoons of kaolin in a jar.

Add your preferred essential oils. I highly suggest you add some peppermint essential oil to make the powder feel fresh in your mouth. Then cover the jar and shake it to mix the essential oil in with the powder.

My favorite mix is 10 drops of mint essential oil and 10 drops of tea tree oil. I love the taste and smell of tea tree oil and its anti-bacterial properties are perfect for keeping your teeth clean.

I make an orange version for my daughter and, when I have a lot of fresh sage, I dry it out and make a sage tooth powder. You can find those recipes here: https://www.cucicucicoo.com/2014/04/make-natural-homemade-tooth-powder-recipes/

Dip your damp toothbrush in the jar and start brushing!

(Note: some people say that you shouldn't dip your toothbrush in the powder jar because you are introducing dampness and/or bacteria. I make small batches of powder and shake excess water out of my toothbrush before dipping it in, so I personally don't worry about it.)

The flavor is very different (and much more natural) from usual commercial toothpaste. After a few days, though, you will get used to it. After using this powder for a while, you will hate the taste of regular toothpaste!

Make some up for the whole family and you will enjoy clean and healthy teeth without any harmful chemicals!

Find all three of my all-natural tooth powder recipes here: https://www.cucicucicoo.com/2014/04/make-natural-homemade-tooth-powder-recipes/

• Baking soda  (supermarket)
  • Kaolin (white clay)  (https://amzn.to/30xqP33)
  • Mint essential oil

18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Lisa Neri

• Gail
    An hour ago

my parents always used baking soda. What does the Kaolin clay do? Just inquiring mind. I do think it would make the baking soda smoother. less salty. Baby food jars would be perfect for small amounts one for each person.....

• Lisa Neri
      Just now

Yes, I love baking soda for cleaning purposes! Kaolin makes the mixtures smoother, as you say, and less abrasive and less salty. But it also helps with cleansing and supposedly whitening. And yes! Baby food jars would indeed be perfect for individual portions!