Tree of Life Wall Hanging

$5

I am so excited to share my tree of life wall hanging with all of you! I made one of these for a family member, never meaning to make a post about it, but since it turned out so amazing, I decided to put a tutorial together. I have always loved weeping willow trees... there is something calming and beautiful about them - even a little magical, right?

You can easily make your own but following these simple steps.

Cut your yarn for the tree trunk. Your yarn should be more than twice as long as your hoop.

Place your yarn on the hoop and separate into a few different sections. Start twisting the sections of yarn.

Twist all the yarn sections together.

Stop when you get close to the top of the hoop.

Now you'll want to separate pieces of yarn for the branches. Tie the yarn around the hoop and double knot. You can place something on top of the yarn you aren't using if you need an extra hand.

When you are finished with the branches, cut off the access yarn.

Wrap yarn around the hoop to give it a more finished look and also hold the branches in place.

Make tassels! I love how mine look with different colors and types of yarn, but you could use the same yarn for this part if you prefer.

This is the fun part… start tying the tassels to the branches.

Continue adding tassels until you are happy with your tree.

I love how this turned out... It's so pretty and colorful and this would be a great gift for someone special. You could customize with the receivers favorite colors!

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Val
    Val

That is so adorable and sweet! I want to cut a photo of my daughter's face and put it in so she looks like a Muppet. Seriously, can you see how stinking cute that would be? Fraggle Rock cuteness!