Side Table From Wood Slice

$20
1 Day

Here's my simple DIY bed side table that could also be used as a plant stove. (IKEA hack!!) I want to share how I made it with you. It is super easy to make and looks beautiful. You can use it as plant stander or whatever you want really.

So... let's start.

1. You're going to need a wood slice. The hardest part is to find a tree stump and cut off a slice with a chainsaw. Mine is about 9 cm thick. And my boyfriend helped me with that.

2. Then you need to sand it down to get the surface as smooth as you wish.

3. Then apply a layer of poly. Let it dry. Apply some poly again, to the edges too.

4. For the legs I used an IKEA MARIUS chair which I got for 3,29 Eur.

I had to use longer screws to attach the wood slice to the legs. Once the wood was secured to the top, that's it, the project is complete. Enjoy the end result :)

It looks so beautiful next to my bed!

15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• Bev Storer

Great project. How do you keep the wood slice level when you put it on the stand? I have several nice wood slices but they are not cut perfectly level. Thanks for your time.

• Vickie Raymond

Also, for minor adjustments to level, small washers, stacked, if need be, can be used on underside of wood, where it attaches to legs.

• Shuganne

This is terrific!!

My question is, how long ago was the tree stump cut down? Wood dries out as it ages. Do you know if this will be a problem in the future? Or the crack getting larger as time goes by?

• Joanie

Good deal.......it works for you.....great!!

• Becky Schwarz

It's funny because I, too, have a slice of wood to turn into a table. Just had my tree cut down. I have 2 bases(unsure which I wanna use) . One is the base of an old beauty shop chair. Then it could be heightened as desired. The other is a rod iron base. Good to see what you use(pretty) Wasn't sure how to protect the wood.