Our Modern and Feminine Office

$300
6 Weeks

When you tell people you work from home or you're a blogger you get the deer in the headlights look. Wait, you do what?

Regardless, I can absolutely not think when I have distractions like Law and Order SVU marathons or toys just LITERALLY everywhere. I have enough in my brain without extra things. So, we decided to finally give our office space a very much needed makeover. We typically don't spring for feminine design. One, because I am not a girly girl but also two, because I do share this space with a very large and hairy, beard-y fellow.

We decided to makeover this space in a 6 week time span and this is what we were working with to start off:

The plan was to create a desk that spanned the entire wall. We dubbed it Megadesk a la Dwight on The Office.

After revealing our design board the first week, we added this incredible accent wall in week 2!

Week 3, Megadesk made her appearance and we organized the drawers and had created some SUPER easy drawer liners! It's the easiest method I've ever seen so you should really check out how we did that!

Week 5 we made over our $20 Ikea office chairs and were PUMPED with the outcome!

Week 5 was all my husband's brain child. We needed a solution to be able to move our chairs around since it's carpet up here and we didn't have the budget to completely redo the floors. So, being a genius, my husband created this faux marble chair mat with peel and stick tiles and some plywood. You can check out the full tutorial here (and you absolutely should. I seriously am in awe how genius this idea is).

We did the full reveal on week 6 and I was so pleased with the final project! I now have a space to clear my head and work on more glorious and hilarious content for you fine people!

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Carmen Smith

• Victoria

I can not find the drawer units you used in your link. What size tabletop did you get - checked it out and looks the one you used probably ran around a $1,000, is that correct.

• Carmen Smith

Hey Victoria,

I actually got the butcher block top from the Ikea as is section and it was an open box return so we got it for $80. The desk drawer units are from Ikea and you can go to my blog with the mood board and design plan and it lists all the sources for you!

• Bonnie Walker

Did I miss a step or two? I didn’t see any mention of your ikea drawer sets or the desk top in this article.

Why are the resources listed here not the same that you used? Cool ideas but this article ..... 🤭 because this is so cool, I would have come to your website to see other awesome ideas you have. But I get it, you are looking for traffic. 🙄 good job on the office reno.

• GMS28

is that stick on type of wallpaper or real paste on wallpaper - link will notbring me to a page

• Skilled Thrifty Creatives

Very modern, clean and efficient workspace oh and did I mention beautiful!

• Barbara

Back in the 60's my parents had a hollow door laminated and put it over 2 cubby style nightstands--my sister and I used that desk for 15 years. I actually kept it another 20. Now, in the middle of a major remodel -- I thinking -- go for the same items you used. Amazing how we come back to the past!!!! Thanks for jogging my memory!!!