Our Modern and Feminine Office

$300
6 Weeks

When you tell people you work from home or you're a blogger you get the deer in the headlights look. Wait, you do what?

Regardless, I can absolutely not think when I have distractions like Law and Order SVU marathons or toys just LITERALLY everywhere. I have enough in my brain without extra things. So, we decided to finally give our office space a very much needed makeover. We typically don't spring for feminine design. One, because I am not a girly girl but also two, because I do share this space with a very large and hairy, beard-y fellow.

We decided to makeover this space in a 6 week time span and this is what we were working with to start off:

The plan was to create a desk that spanned the entire wall. We dubbed it Megadesk a la Dwight on The Office.

After revealing our design board the first week, we added this incredible accent wall in week 2!

Week 3, Megadesk made her appearance and we organized the drawers and had created some SUPER easy drawer liners! It's the easiest method I've ever seen so you should really check out how we did that!

Week 5 we made over our $20 Ikea office chairs and were PUMPED with the outcome!

Week 5 was all my husband's brain child. We needed a solution to be able to move our chairs around since it's carpet up here and we didn't have the budget to completely redo the floors. So, being a genius, my husband created this faux marble chair mat with peel and stick tiles and some plywood. You can check out the full tutorial here (and you absolutely should. I seriously am in awe how genius this idea is).

We did the full reveal on week 6 and I was so pleased with the final project! I now have a space to clear my head and work on more glorious and hilarious content for you fine people!

Carmen Smith

• Victoria

I can not find the drawer units you used in your link. What size tabletop did you get - checked it out and looks the one you used probably ran around a $1,000, is that correct.

• Carmen Smith

Hey Victoria,

I actually got the butcher block top from the Ikea as is section and it was an open box return so we got it for $80. The desk drawer units are from Ikea and you can go to my blog with the mood board and design plan and it lists all the sources for you!

• Bonnie Walker

Did I miss a step or two? I didn’t see any mention of your ikea drawer sets or the desk top in this article.

Why are the resources listed here not the same that you used? Cool ideas but this article ..... 🤭 because this is so cool, I would have come to your website to see other awesome ideas you have. But I get it, you are looking for traffic. 🙄 good job on the office reno.

• Carmen Smith

Hey Bonnie, unfortunately the team at Home Talk puts in links, I have no control over that. But it's also why I did try to direct you to my blog where I took the time to list out every source so you could see exactly what I used which you can find right here.

For what it's worth, the point of this post was to inspire because it's just the reveal, but it was a 6 week long project that I did for the One Room Challenge and it was broken up in 6 different posts on my site that I couldn't combine into one post on here. Sorry that's frustrating for you.

• GMS28

is that stick on type of wallpaper or real paste on wallpaper - link will notbring me to a page

• Gloria McKague

LOVE this look you BOTH did a great job!

• Joanie

Everything looks professional.......as in, you had it all done by someone who works with decorating. You did a fab. job and it is gorgeous......