Easy Chalkboard Welcome Sign

$5

I found a chalkboard in the Target dollar section, and with stencil and some chalk turned it into an easy and beautiful welcome sign for my home.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

I found this framed chalkboard in the Target dollar section, and you could use any chalkboard you like for this project.

I started by seasoning the chalkboard. This means coat the entire chalkboard with chalk. This will prevent the chalk from sticking and make it easy to erase.

After filling it with chalk, I erased it.

I placed my Plaid Folk Art Welcome Stencil onto my chalkboard and secured it in place with some painters tape.

I colored in the stencil with chalk.

The great thing about this project is how versatile it is. Think about all of the possibilities with the holidays, season, and stencils this simple idea could create.

Once the entire project was covered, I carefully lifted the stencil and painters tape off the chalkboard.

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Lisa

How do you make it permanent?

• Becky Eckenrode

I would like to know where she got a chaulkboard that big for $1

• Lovesunique

Chas: Not all things in the dollar section are $1. So this was actually $1? What a deal! I have a question about the chalk you used. Are there different grades? I bought some at Walmart and I can barely write with it. lol