Vinyl Tablecloth Kitchen Table Makeover

$2

It's pretty easy to give a dated and worn old kitchen table a whole new look with just a vinyl tablecloth and some decoupage medium.

Here's the before of my vintage dining table. It has great bones, but was showing some wear after being used for years.

It was time to give my table a fun and funky makeover to go with the rest of my kitchen.

To start the makeover I gave the whole table a light sanding with a sanding block, preparing for painting.

I painted the top white and the legs and skirt the same blue as the chairs. The reason I painted the top is because I wasn't sure if the wood underneath would show through the vinyl tablecloth.

Whenever using a decoupage medium I always like to start with white underneath, just to keep things nice and bright.

Here's the fabulous vinyl tablecloth that I found at my local dollar store. I really needed to add some floral to my aqua and red kitchen, and this was perfect.

After spreading it out on the table I cut it down closer to the actual size that I needed.

This just made it easier to work with.

I decided to remove the flannel backing of the vinyl tablecloth. To see how I did this check out my Kitchen Table Makeover blog post here.

I spread the decoupage medium over half of the table and folded the tablecloth over that.

I had to move really fast because the medium can dry very quickly.

I smoothed it out with my hands and with my brayer.

I did the same to the other half of the table.

When it was all dry I trimmed the tablecloth, following the decorative lip of the table.

To finish it off I applied two top coats or the decoupage medium, letting it dry completely in between.

Here's the before, after my kitchen chairs makeover.

And here's the after. It's so easy to clean because of the vinyl, and the two coats of decoupage medium give it some extra protection.

To see more pics, tips, and how I removed the flannel backing before applying the tablecloth to the table please check out my Kitchen Table Makeover post on my blog here.

15 Perfectly Round Tables
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Color Me Thrifty