Wooden Candle Sticks From Table Legs

$0

I picked up these table legs on the side of the road. But you can certainly pick some up at yard sales, thrift stores, or maybe even someone's attic or basement!

If you've priced candle sticks like these in the store you know they can be very pricey. So if you can snag some old table legs for this project it's a win in my book!

Cut your legs down to size. I like to make them different heights. I used a mitre box saw (chop saw) because I like the clean cut it makes, but you can certainly use a jig saw.

Now you can sand them, either by hand or a mouse sander. I sand them just enough to get the glossy finish off.

I just painted some areas with a teal color to add a little depth to them and to make them look aged.

I then gave them a light coat of white chalk paint. I use battery operated candles for safety. I love the way they turned out. I had all the materials on hand, so this project cost me $0.

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Memorial Day Crafts
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!

• Margaret Dignard
    Margaret Dignard

Hi there. I have all the same supplies. Going to do this. My table legs are 200 years old. Can't wait to make them.

• Janie
    Janie

My mom did this 40+ yrs ago using porch spindles. What comes around goes around.