How can I get rid of mice from my house forever?

+4

How get rid of mice inside forever

• Beth Beth on Sep 29, 2019

Ideally, you want to figure out how they're getting inside and seal that up. Check around the outside of your house and fill in any cracks or holes. Mice can fit in small openings--even a crack of 1/4" could let in a mouse. I've used expandable spray foam for this. Put a wire cage around your dryer vent on the outside, if you don't have one already. And then just use traps to catch any of the mice that are already inside.

• 516maria 516maria on Sep 29, 2019

I hate to say it ......but I don’t think “forever” is possible. The sticky traps definitely help... a little cruel bc they don’t die quickly ... but at that point they are already in the house.. If you have food storage in the basement I would get clear plastic bins and put anything that’s not in a can or glass in there. Do you know where they’re coming in from..? You have my sympathy . They really scare me. I act very irrational when I know one is in the house. Maybe get a cat.

• Louise Mowery Louise Mowery on Sep 29, 2019

I have tried most of these. I see droppings in several areas, so really can’t figure it out as these areas are fine

• Libbie B Libbie B on Sep 29, 2019

We finally got a cat and he is the WORST mouser.

• Mix 1 part flour, granulated sugar and baking soda. Place in shallow dish where mice are most likely to find it. You can sprinkle a little cinnamon sugar, chocolate powder or finely chopped nuts to make it more enticing – just add a bit more baking soda to compensate. What happens is when this hits their stomachs the baking soda forms a gas which rupture their stomachs = dead mice.

Or

Soak a rag with ammonia and place in their holes. They’ll leave and never come back.