Easy 70's Style Pumpkins

$20

I have always loved a good 70's pattern and decided to try my hand at some 70's style pumpkins. I love the colorful repetitive patterns and think there's just something happy about them. I ended up trying a few different ways because I wasn't sure what I was going to like the most or what would be easiest. I'll share what I did with you and you can decide how you want to go about making your own!

I used real and fake pumpkins for this project. Make sure you pumpkins are clean and dry before decorating. I used regular craft paint to paint my pumpkins.

I decided to use felt to create some of my patterns because felt is so easy to work with.

Decide on a pattern and start cutting out the shapes. You can practice drawing shapes on a scrap piece of paper before you start to make sure you are happy with the pattern.

I knew I wanted a cool flower and after cutting out all the pieces, glued them together with a hot glue gun.

When all the pieces were put together, I used my hot glue gun to add them to my pumpkin.

Cut your felt into strips and you can create a cool 70's style rainbow pumpkin.

I also made one by just adding the felt and not painting first and I love how this one turned out also!

Check out the post on my blog to see the painted pumpkins I made!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Rex Choate

You lost me at 70’s

• J

These are very cute, but I have to say that as a teenager going through high school in the early 70’s, I never saw any pumpkins decorated in felt. As I remember, we were still carving scary faces and putting candles inside. Maybe it’s a regional thing —— the south was always slow to catch on, moving at our molasses pace!