Easy 70's Style Pumpkins

$20

I have always loved a good 70's pattern and decided to try my hand at some 70's style pumpkins. I love the colorful repetitive patterns and think there's just something happy about them. I ended up trying a few different ways because I wasn't sure what I was going to like the most or what would be easiest. I'll share what I did with you and you can decide how you want to go about making your own!

I used real and fake pumpkins for this project. Make sure you pumpkins are clean and dry before decorating. I used regular craft paint to paint my pumpkins.

I decided to use felt to create some of my patterns because felt is so easy to work with.

Decide on a pattern and start cutting out the shapes. You can practice drawing shapes on a scrap piece of paper before you start to make sure you are happy with the pattern.

I knew I wanted a cool flower and after cutting out all the pieces, glued them together with a hot glue gun.

When all the pieces were put together, I used my hot glue gun to add them to my pumpkin.

Cut your felt into strips and you can create a cool 70's style rainbow pumpkin.

I also made one by just adding the felt and not painting first and I love how this one turned out also!

Check out the post on my blog to see the painted pumpkins I made!

Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Rex Choate

You lost me at 70’s

• J

These are very cute, but I have to say that as a teenager going through high school in the early 70’s, I never saw any pumpkins decorated in felt. As I remember, we were still carving scary faces and putting candles inside. Maybe it’s a regional thing —— the south was always slow to catch on, moving at our molasses pace!