Homemade Lavender & Eucalyptus Candles

$20

You might not ever go to Yankee Candle again when you find out how easy it is to make your own candle. I've got the easy step by step process for your own custom candles.

STEP 1

Melt the wax flakes.  I did this in a homemade double boiler on the stove.  By homemade I mean I just stuck one pot on top of another.  If you have an actual double boiler feel free to use that.

To make the three smallish candles I made, I used about 3.5 cups of wax flakes.  Luckily the wax flakes melt super quickly, so if you haven’t melted down enough to fill your candles, just melt some more.

Step 2

Add your essential oils to the melted wax on the stove.  It’s usually recommended in most tutorials to do about 15 drops of essential oil. 

I did 20 of each.I like smells.

STEP 3

While your wax is melting or add your wick to the container.  Put a tiny bit of the melted wax at the bottom of the container, stick the wick in that trying very very hard not to burn your fingers because melted wax doesn’t feel good, I don’t care what those R&B videos try to tell you.

STEP 4

Pour your wax into your vessel.STEP 5

Allow the wax to dry.

I don’t know about you, but I got a bunch of other essential oils when I ordered the eucalptus and mint and I’m going to see if I can come up with some new scent combinations.  So, I’m making more candles.

I’d love to hear what combinations you came up with.  What did you use for a vessel for your candle? 

Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Marybeth Santos

• Doreen

i haven’t done it yet, but I saw someone use old tea cups. You can get really cheap & ornate ones at the flea market. Just a thought ..

• Karen B

I love this. I have made my own candles before. They are great as gifts and people are surprised you made your own. Safety first. If you are smart, you'll never work with hot anything with small children close by you.