Snowy Christmas in a Jar

$5

Make a Snowy Christmas in a Jar using an old cookie jar, dollar store items. and inexpensive floral picks Spend only a few minutes putting it together and you’ll have a fun, snowy decor piece for the holidays.

I’ve had this glass cookie jar for a number of years and it rarely gets used. Adding some dollar store items and floral picks was an inexpensive way to make it a fun Snowy Christmas in a Jar decor piece.

I started by adding craft snow to the jar. It's just sprinkled in, not glued.

To add some sparkle, I scattered clear plastic beads on top of the snow flakes.

I bent the stem of a snowflake pick so that it would stand in the jar near the back. The snowman is one of a set of two that I purchased at the Dollar Tree. He’s hot glued in place. 

I added some blue floral berries on each side of the snowman.The bottle brush tree is glued near the front of the jar. 

The jar has a plain metal lid that needed to be dressed up.

• Cut a piece of glittery felt in a circle to fit and attach it using spray adhesive.
  • Add a strip of faux fur ribbon around the lip of the lid. Use small dots of hot glue to hold it in place.
  • Run a piece of fluffy yarn around the lid to cover the seam between the faux fur and the felt. Hot glue it in place.
  • Glue a snowflake ornament (Dollar Tree) to the top and bottom of lid.
  • Glue a silver and blue floral stem to the center of the lid.

This was was quick and easy to put together and it's a fun wintry decor piece. For more easy and inexpensive Christmas crafts, I'd love to have you visit Across the Blvd.

Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd