Wooden Dowel Christmas Tree

$40

This wooden dowel Christmas tree has that minimalist look I adore with a Scandinavian vibe. It is simple to assemble and will add a fun look to your Christmas decor.

Start with the base of the Christmas tree by measuring and cutting three pieces of plywood to make the base (3 1/2″ x 6″, 5″ x 9″, 8 1/2″ x 12 1/2″) and sand the edges.

Next glue the middle board to the bottom board placing the middle board in the center and then nail the two boards.

And then glue the top board to the middle board placing the top board in the center and then nail the top board to the centerboard.

Mark the center of the top board and then   down over the hole with a 1/2″ drill bit or larger to make a hole for the hex nut to sit up inside the base.

Thread the metal rod through the base and screw on the hex nut then pull it up into the hole flush.

Measure and cut the dowels to the specifications (4 dowels at 20″, 4 dowels at 16″, 4 dowels at 12″, 4 dowels at 8″ and 3 dowels at 4″).

Then you will want to sand the end of the dowels.

Measure and mark the center of each dowel.

Clamp a dowel to a table (preferably one that you don't mind drilling into) and drill straight down over the center mark with a 1/8″ drill bit and then again with a 1/4″ drill bit.

Repeat the drilling process for each dowel.

Sand where you drill the holes.

Drop five wooden balls down the metal rod.

Then drop the four 20″ dowels down the metal rod.

Again drop five wooden balls down the metal rod.

Drop the four 16″ dowels down the metal rod.

Now drop five more wooden balls down the metal rod. 

Then, drop the four 12″ dowels down the metal rod.

This time you will only drop four wooden balls down the metal rod.

Followed by dropping the four 8″ dowels down the metal rod.

Again drop four wooden balls down the metal rod.

Drop the three 4″ dowels down the metal rod.

Secure tree with another hex nut.

Your tree is now together and it's time to decorate it. I tied a long droopy bow on the top where there was just enough of the metal dowel pole for the ribbon. Then I hung adorable gingerbread ornaments and mini ball ornaments.

Check out what a bread board is and how to decorate with them over on my blog post. Also, I use mason jars in my Christmas decor and it turns out lovely.

30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Linda