DIY Farmhouse Christmas Tree Crate

$20

Create this easy farmhouse tree crate and save a fortune. You can customize the size to fit your tree and style. You can paint it, stain it, or leave the raw wood. A tree crate is a fun alternative to a tree skirt.

After you measure the length and width of your tree stand, you can determine the lengths of wood you'll need. You can also determine the height of your crate so you'll know how long to cut your 1.5" x 1.5" boards for each corner.

Line up your boards for one side of the crate and attach the corner pieces using a brad nail gun. You're halfway done once your corner supports are attached to two sides of the crate.

Line up your boards, square them up at the corner and attach the third side using a brad nail gun. Attach the fourth side and you have your crate.

Our Christmas decorations are merry and bright this year so I spray painted the inside and outside a fun teal. We set our stand inside and the tree set up inside.

Amy Wadsworth

• Janice

Great project and I love the teal color you painted the box.

• Brenda Gambol

I’ve just started crafting this holiday season and have accumulated a lot of “items”. I need ideas on how to organize and store all the ribbons, stickers, picks, glue gun and sticks, etc. thank you.

• CJ

Hi Brenda, scroll up to the top of this post, on the left is a search bar. I typed in "organize craft supplies" and it brought up a bunch of posts of how others have coped with their supplies. Good luck!