Simple and Fast Modern Wall Finish You Can Do In One Day

$40
1

If you’re looking for a really cool and modern wall finish for your walls and don’t want to spend a lot of money this is the perfect design. And the best part is, you can do this in a few hours.Just think you could have a designer bathroom or accent wall before your company comes for dinner tonight.
Here’s what you need
Step 1 - Paint a Base Coat Select the color you want as a base coat. If you already have the color on your walls and it's in good condition, you’re already done with the first step. WHOOP-WHOOP!It really doesn’t matter what sheen you use; Flat-Matt or eggshell. I like using flat or Matte.
I didn’t overthink where I was going to put the stripes. I just applied the tape randomly and kept adding it in different directions.First I added all the ½” stripes. Then added the ¼” stripes. I did one stripe at a time so I could step back and take a look at it to see where I wanted to put the next one.It sounds a little tedious but it goes really fast.Step 2 Starting at the ceiling and working your way to the floorboards add the tape in a diagonal line. Place 3 lines of tape next to each other.
Step 3 Remove the center tape. Doing it this way will give you a perfect stripe.Then lightly rub the tape in the center so that when you apply the paint it won’t bleed through.
Using your sponge brush, apply the paint.Tip 1: Apply all the ½” stripes and use one color. I used a flat for the first color and a metallic for the second color.Then apply all the ¼” stripes and overlap the first stripe with the second color.It makes it easier to create the design you want.Tip 2: If you are doing a room with more than one wall, run the stripe onto the adjacent wall so it has a finished look and doesn’t just run off the wall.
Notice how the brown stripe runs into the adjacent wall? If you don’t do this, it will look like it ended mid-stream. Think of it like you are hanging wallpaper. The stripe would continue onto the next wall.
Sometimes the simplest projects can be the fastest and most creative transformations.Looking for more ideas to transform your bathroom, follow me on  Pinterest. Would you like to share some of your decorative projects? Join  Ask Cheryl Phan and be part of a community of women that love to craft, paint and build a creative business.Hope this was helpful.I look forward to seeing you in the group.Blessings,Cheryl

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Cheryl Phan

• Brittany Nichole

I want to try this this but, is thereany soecific paint you would reccommend so the paint doesnt bubble being that it is in the bathroom?

• Mary McDonald

Bathrooms are already painted so adding stripes isn’t even an issue. I’ve lived in a dozen apartments and owned several homes. None have ever had paint bubble so go for it!

• LoAnn Langan

I'm a renter. Do you have ideas for temp finishes for walls

• Joyce Thiery

I bought an end table awhile back from a thrift store. It has little dots all over the top. The people said they wiped it every morning and the next day they were back. I believe them because I've also done it. Turns out the dots are from an air freshener mister hanging above it. I wonder if your solvent would erase them for good.

Thank you

• Cheryl Phan

Some times solvents will remove the paint because of the chemicals in it. The best thing to do is sand down the entire top , then use a primer to keep it from coming through again and repaint it. Hope that helps. I have some blog I did with different furniture painting projects that you might be interested in taking a look at. Heres the link: https://www.subscribepage.com/diy-projects

Cheryl

• Gloria

This is truly a great idea! I like the simplicity of it.

• Barbara Conner Herrod

I like it, too, but wonder If you had any difficulty painting on a texturized wall. My walls are that kind of orange peel finish and sometimes it is difficult to get full coverage if I don't move my brush in several directions in one area.

• Cheryl Phan

Hi Barbara: It's almost imposable to get a straight line on a textured wall. This design is better on a flat wall. There are many other finishes you can do on texture that are beautiful. I have a blog with other finishes that you might be interested in. Here's a link to my blog. Feel free to peruse around. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out. https://www.subscribepage.com/diy-projects