Gorgeous DIY Office Built Ins Reveal

$0

After what feels like years, my office built ins are finally finished. And it was worth all the hard work and effort, because I am in love with how they turned out. I’m dying to share it with you.
It doesn’t look like the same room at all! 
GETTING STARTED ON THE OFFICE BUILT INS
The first step was to build these two little platforms. I usually do platforms for my cabinet boxes to sit on because I haven’t even needed a kick plate cutout. I’m sure I will at some point.
For the upper cabinets, I did them out of melamine as well. They were much larger because in my initial plan, they were going to be the base cabinets. 
After the side cabinet were up, I cut some 1/4″ plywood for the backs of them, so they would look nicer. I usually don’t bother with backs on my cabinets, but I’d never done uppers before. Then I built the bookcases. 
This was tricky, but I got these to fit perfectly between the cabinet and the ceiling. I screwed them in and then nailed the MDF to the front. This was not my favorite part.
I built simple boxes with a 1/4″ plywood bottom nailed on. I installed them on the slides and then closed them. I nailed the fronts on in place and then screwed them in from inside the box.
After a few days of drying, I installed the doors on Euro Hinges purchased from Home Depot and then installed the gold pulls which I love. It took me forever to decide on them, but I love what I chose. They look so good with the black cabinets!
For more DIY tutorials, visit https://www.honeybearlane.com.

Honeybear Lane

• Mandy Brown

Beautiful! Did you install any wiring or lighting? It looks as though the shelves are lit from underneath. Are these battery operated LED strip lights? I love the color as well. Very polished and looks as though they have always been there.

• Honeybear Lane

Yes, my husband installed Phillips Hue Light Strips underneath. Thanks!

• Anna

I love the paint color of your WALLS, would you happen to know the name and brand? Thanks

• Cynt Simon
    6 minutes ago

I would love to know the actual cost and supply list.