Baby Wipes Tub Cover

$20

I had a baby wipes tub in my daughters room, it was blue & green with pictures of Mickey and Minnie Mouse on it. While it was cute, it clashed with all of the pink & wood decor in her room, so I decided to make a cute cover for it.

Measuring the tub.

I decided to make a little box for it to sit in using mdf board.First, I measured the size of the ‘walls’. I made sure to use the measurements from the top (just under the lid) as the tub slopes slightly inwards towards the bottom.

Sides cut to size.

Once I had my measurements, I cut the sides out of the mdf board using a small hand saw. I then sanded the edges and put them against the tub to make sure they would all fit into place.

Checking they fit before glueing

Next, I glued the sides together with wood glue and then put some tape on the corners to keep it all in place while it dried.

Glueing together.
Tape on the corners to keep in place

Next, I placed the box onto the left over mdf board and marked out around the bottom for the ‘floor’ piece.

Marking out the bottom.

I then cut out the last piece and glued it to the bottom of the box.I left it to dry for a few hours.

Glueing on the bottom piece.

While I was waiting for the glue to dry, I found some lace and painted it with a blush pink chalk paint that I had used on other decor items in my daughters room.

Painting the lace.

Once the glue had dried on the box, I painted the bottom third of it with the same blush pink paint.Note: I left the top unpainted as the colour of the mdf board matched perfectly with a lot of wooden decor pieces in my daughters room.

Painting the bottom of the box.

Once all the paint was dry, I then used a brush to apply glue onto the lace and then stuck it onto the box. The glue I used was a multipurpose wood glue that dries up clear.

Applying the glue.
Sticking the lace onto the box.

I cut the end bits of the lace so that they would match up.I then used a cloth and dabbed it on the lace to clean any excess glue.Once the glue had dried, the box was ready to be used as a cute little cover for my baby wipes tub to sit in.👌🏻For more of my projects, please check out my Instagram page @_prettyliving

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_prettyliving