Dollar Store Stove Burner Cover Tray

$30

I always look at the Dollar Store for unusual Items that are inexpensive to make cute crafts with. These stove burner covers are metal and already white so I thought they would make a great enamel looking tray. Let’s get started!

What you’ll need:

Stove cover

3 wooden balls

1 wooden circle - smaller than the stove cover

Hot glue

E 6000

Black paint

White Paint

I added a flat round wooden circle to make it a little more sturdy so I started by painting that white to match the metal cover.

I glued the three wooden balls to the bottom in a triangular shape and these will be the feet of the tray.

I waited until it was dry and then flipped it over.

I then applied my E 6000 and hot glue To the top of the wood circle to attach my metal cover.

Then used my black paint to paint the edge to give it an "old enamel wear" look.

And that's it!

Here, I added some cute spring decor. There are so many different things you could do with it!

See more at Gilbert Marketplace

• FdLNana

The wood circle would have to be cut to size. Could you use two covers and glue them together? Just looking for a cheaper and easier way. Instead of pretty and possibly expensive round balls, how about kids’ blocks?

• Paula P

I love this idea. So sweet. Where did you find the moss bunnies?

• Judi

ThIs is great! I was looking for something to put under my plants in my kitchen garden window. I'm thinking marble size or smaller for the legs. Depending on how flimsy they are you might not need to reinforce, maybe just spray with rust proof paint. For plants on the floor you could add wheels. I can't wait to get started. Thanks for sharing!

• E95656

So cute!