DIY Rustic Wood Candlesticks

$15

Use a few leftover spindles or table legs to make these rustic wood candlesticks!

I found these wood spindles in a bin at my local Habitat for Humanity ReStore and knew immediately that these could be turned into something new! I see these chunky candles everywhere, but usually they high a pretty high price tag. This project was the answer.

For this project, you will need:

• wood spindles/table legs cut to desired length
  • paint or stain of choice
  • wood glue
  • pot disk/tray
  • sand block/paper
  • candles

Start by giving the wood a quick sand. Some of my candlesticks were a bit tall and skinny, so the pot disk will be used as a candle holder for on the top. Use wood glue to hold them together and leave for the suggested amount of time.

One coat of paint did the trick for me! I used Rust-Oleum's Chalked paint in "Icy Grey".

Use a sanding block or sand paper to give the edges and corners a sand. This gives it an antique or rustic look.

Done! Now to find the perfect place to display them...

These are perfect for any season and any nook!

For more ideas and ongoing projects, follow along on Instagram! @farmhouse.ongunnshill

~Lauren

• Emina Videkanić

Beautiful!! 🙂

• JoAnn

Should we turn the wood with the larger bottom upside down for balance Looks like it might topple over. I have 3 of these that I am going to paint yellow to match a metal flower I painted yellow. Of course I will use other things to accent. Love this idea