Pottery Barn Inspired Mirror

$10

Have you seen these mirrors? I love them and want one but holy cow! $209 and up for these and that is just not in my budget. I created a Pottery Barn inspired mirror using Dollar Tree mirrors.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Here is the picture of the original at Pottery Barn. Do you see the price?!!!

I started with 6, 8x10 mirrors from Dollar Tree.

I pulled the mirror out of each frame and set it aside.

I painted each of the frames with Folk Art Home Decor Chalk Paint in the color Silver Shadow. I dry brushed it on, and used a chip brush. This would help give it the farmhouse look I was going for.

Once all of the frames dried, I set them in the shape I wanted. I replaced all the mirrors back into the frames.

I then used E6000 to glue all of the edges touching together.

I placed gaffers tape over all of the creases and the diagonally making an "x" for added reinforcement.

I hot glued on a piece of foam core board cut to size on the back. Now the piece was nice and solid.

I placed picture hanging Command Strips in each of the 4 corners so that I could hang the piece up on the wall.

I hung the piece in my entry way and think it makes a nice statement (and at a fraction of the cost).

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Chas' Crazy Creations

• Mary

What does "dry brushing" mean, and what is a "chip brush"?

• Gloria

I've checked all the Dollar Trees in my area. They don't carry this item. Where are you located? I realize they are not shipping right now, but your idea is so darn cute and I wanted to make one for my daughter's new home they just moved to.. Bought the chalk paint and backing, but mirrors... Thank you. Everyone is so clever!

• Lori Ward-Laatsch

I've loved this idea for awhile now but have not been able to find the mirrors at any local door stores. Do they still have them where you purchased them? I am wondering if it is an item they do not carry any longer. I would love to use it to possible spruce up my front door that is soooooooooooooooo borring, Maybe I should to it with thy the regular frames and glass since. Hmmmmmm