Mid Century Modern Dresser Upcycled

$50

I found this dresser on Facebook marketplace and knew I wanted to create a dresser that was neutral and complements many decor styles.

Something that could be used as a dresser in a nursery as well as a TV console in a living room.

Before

First step was to sand down the drawers and top. I used an electric sander with 120, 220 and 320 sand paper.

There she is all sanded down

Once that was done I decided on a white and natural wood design and started taping out my stripes with frogtape.

Frogtape

I used primer then applied white latex paint.

White paint on
This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

My favorite part is peeling off the tape and see the sharp lines (hopefully)

Finished

Once the paint was all dry, I finished the dresser with a polyurethane clear coat on the drawers and the top of the dresser. I spray painted the original knobs gold and put them back on the dresser. This dresser turned out great! Modern and will fit any decor. If you like this transformation check out my Instagram @andreapalmai for more.

• Heje

Did you think about putting white stripes on the front of the drawers? I like it the way it is and it looks classy.

• Velma

What did the finishing have on sides & front? (Clear coat ???)

• Robyn Garner

Really nice - I especially like the subtlety of the white continuing at the bottom below the drawers. "Less is more" 😎

• Paige Mull

Hello Friend,

Yes, it is stunning!! What a pretty piece of furniture. And the refinish is beautiful and classy. It’s very nice. ❤️💜💚