Faux Woven Easter Eggs

$5

This social distancing has actually been good for me. It's really helped me to recharge and get rid of some of the anxiety I've been dealing with. Staying home, knowing we can't go anywhere has been good for my mental health and I've been working on so many fun projects. I made these faux woven Easter eggs and love how adorable they turned out.

You can use either foamboard or cardboard for project. This is a great way to use up all of those empty Amazon boxes. I cut out an egg shape with foamboard.

Pull our your yarn collection. The more kinds of yarn you use, the cooler these look. I made braids with the smaller yarn and tied a knot at the ends.

Using a hot glue gun, add ribbon to the top for hanging. Then start adding yarn to the Easter egg. I worked in small sections and went back and forth or up and down with the yarn.

When the egg is completely covered, add decorations.

You can add:

• ribbon
  • pom poms
  • buttons
  • trim
  • rhinestones
  • beads

These are so much fun to make, you won't want to stop. The best part is you can make these to match any home décor.

It's been so gloomy out, so I haven't been able to get great photos of these, but they are absolutely adorable!

I love this project because most of us have everything at home already to make these!

I have more Easter crafts on the blog if you are still looking for more ideas!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

• Millie

Really Cute. This is a good time for us to use our creatiivnes.Could you tell me what the little round disk is under the knobs on that adorable green shelf.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

Hi Millie, you are right, this is a great time to be creative. I bought the shelf just like it is from a thrift store a long time ago... it is very cute.