DIY Drop Cloth Wreath

$15

This wreath is an easy project that you can finish in a couple of hours. I used some leftover material from my drop cloth curtains, but you can use any fabric that can easily be tied in a knot. Make this wreath fit your personal style and decor.

Note: Check out my project list for the DIY Drop Cloth Curtain tutorial.

Material List:

• Wire wreath form
  • Drop cloth or fabric of your choice
  • Scissors or rotary cutter
  • Cutting mat
  • Ruler
  • OPTIONAL- Faux greenery or flowers

Step One:

Cut your fabric into strips. I cut my fabric in a 1 inch width and then I vary the lengths. From 6-8 inches.

Step Two:

I start with the longest length strips on the first 2 outer wires (8"). You simply tie the strip onto the wire with one simple knot.

Step Three:

I tie enough strips onto the outer most wire first making sure they are snug to each other. You will be able to tell if you like the fullness right away and you can add more if you like.

Step Four:

Once the first row is done, fold it over so you can easily access the next wire. I also like to work in sections. You also could do the outer wire all the way around and then move in on the next wire. There's no right or wrong way as long as you tie them securely on the wire form and like how it looks.

A closer look at how I tie the strips onto the wire form.

This is what a finished section will look like.

Once all the sections are done you will have a beautiful and unique wreath.

Step Five:

I tied a loop of jute from one of the wires for hanging.

TIP: Keep the loop lower than the wreath if you don't want to see it.

If you want a decorative hanger, use a beautiful ribbon that you want to see. A seasonal color or patterned ribbon would be a great way to make this wreath work all year long in your decor.

I personally love the simple style this wreath adds to an old window frame.

I hope you'll give this easy DIY a try!

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_staci.marie_

• Cardiopro

What is a rotary cutter and how does that work for cutting the fabric? Why not just cut with scissors. Please tell me the advantages as I don’t own one. Thank you! Love the wreath!

• Dean Murdaugh

Do you do anything to stiffen the fabric? If the wreath were on my door I'm thinking the fabric might start to droop and end up looking like a wet mop.

• Staci Marie

No I didn't do anything to the fabric. I actually made the wreath hanging on the old window frame 2 years ago and it looks exactly the same as when I made it. I also have had it indoors the whole time too.

• Alicia M.

Gorgeous. What size frame do you recommend. There’s a lot of 18”

thank you !

• Staci Marie

Thank you!! Yes, an 18" would be beautiful! Pictured is a 14 inch wire wreath.

• Roberta

I love the simplicity of it. Plus I love using drop cloths for projects!

• Michelle

This is beautiful! I've made one with patterned fabric years ago but I love the look of the drop cloth better. Looks like I'll be making another one!