Repurposed Crown Royal Bottle

$05

My husband loves some Crown Royal. It has always been his favorite drink. Me, I am a good ole country girl who loves a beer! So, with that being said, we have a lot of these bottles laying around. I just can’t bring myself to throw them away. The glass etching is so beautiful. It’s easy to repurpose a Crown Royal liquor bottle into a shabby chic piece of decor.

After repurposing the Crown Royal liquor bottle, I planned to use it in my bedroom, next to my wedding picture. With that being said, I wanted it to have a feminine, shabby chic look.

I gave the bottle a good cleaning with soap and water. I let the bottle soak overnight in water and dawn dish detergent. This allowed the labels to scrub right off using a pot scrubby. If that doesn’t work, spray Windex on the label and allow it to soak. It should scrub right off.

I poured out a little of the milk paint into a plastic container.

I applied to coats of paint to the Crown Royal bottle. Each coat took about an hour to completely dry.

After I applied the second coat of milk paint, I did not like the look. It looked, well, purple. I decided to apply some white paint to brighten it up a bit. Using a bristle brush, apply a very small amount of the white paint, then dab it on a paper towel to remove any excess paint. Then apply it to the bottle by using very light strokes. This gave it a shabby chic look!

I knew I wanted to bling it up a bit, so I searched through some of the old costume jewelry that I never wore. I found a pin which had purple tones. This would be perfect! I applied the cross with my hot glue gun onto the center of the bottle.

I also had an old gray beaded bracelet that went with a set that I had previously broken. I wrapped it around the bottom part of the opening. Lastly, I applied self-adhesive pearl embellishments around the top. You can find these at Hobby Lobby.

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Christina Faye Repurposed

• Donna

I have an old antique dresser not sure if I want to keep it. If i find something to do with it then i will. I've seen a couple of things. Not looking to putting alot into it. I found it thought about flipping it. Good bones lol Thanks in advance for any ideas.

• Anderson

I have seen people make a bench or one side side a 1 person sitting area then the other side leave the top drawer base for a table for lamp or drink & the 2nd/3rd drawer for pets or books

• Tracy Jennings

Get idea 💡. My son-in-law loves Crown Royal also. I can get some bottles from him. I wanted to know if chalk paint could be used on the bottles?