String Art - Farmhouse Style!

$15

I have seen some amazing string art designs and wanted to see if I could put something together on a much smaller (and easier) scale! Turns out, it is a ton of fun to make and you get a little arm workout in the process!

What You'll Need:

Here is what I used for this craft:

• Wood board (the one I used was from Hobby Lobby a few years ago)
  • Nails with a flat head (so the string doesn't slip off!)
  • Hammer
  • String or twine
  • Paper with design outline (if you like the jar design I used, you can find it here!)
  • Sola wood flowers from Oh You're Lovely
  • Greenery from Oh You're Lovely

Add Nails Around the Jar Outline!

This first step can be tedious but I also found it to be a great stress reliever! Hammer the nails along the design outline. Generally, I spaced them about 1-1.5 inches apart. When I got to a rounded area (especially the lip of the jar design), I added nails closer together. This will help keep the curve of the design after adding the string.

Start Adding String or Twine!

I tied one end of the twine around a nail and double knotted it. Adding the string around the outline of the jar will be one continuous step so get ready to start looping!

From the nail where my twine is secured, I pulled the twine taught and looped it around the next nail closest to it. When you get to an end point of the design, you can double back with the twine to an outer nail. Then you can continue through the outline!

Finish the Outline, Add a Little Flair!

To complete the outline of the jar, I went all around the edges and tied the twine to the nail we started with. You could be done after that step but I wanted to go a little extra extra on the jar  .

I started a new piece of twine on the main part of the jar and looped the twine around the outer nails in a criss cross "pattern" (I'm loosely using the word pattern as I just kept going until I liked the way it looked!).

Once you are done with your design, you just rip out the paper template underneath the twine.

Add Flowers and Greenery!

My favorite step always is when we bring in the floral pieces! I cut a few sprigs of greenery and slid them in under the twine to create the shape of my floral section. I used our sola wood flowers that have bark on them to really bring out that farmhouse vibe! To add them, you can either stem them with floral wire or glue directly to the greenery or board.

And there you have it - a pretty home decor piece you can have out all year!

Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
22 Ideas To Make Your Terracotta Pots Look Oh-So-Pretty
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
Stefanie -Oh You're Lovely