DIY Built-In Towel Rack

$40

During my kitchen remodel, I had a bit of extra space between the sink and the dishwasher... the perfect place for a pull-out towel rack to go!

The dishwasher eventually took up most of this space, but there was just enough room for a towel rack to go on the left.

I started by making the front piece. I used scrap plywood and mdf, gluing them together to create a thicker, sturdier piece.

I added paint and a knob, and the front was ready to go!

Then I worked on the sides of the rack. These were just plywood pieces that I attached the drawer slides to. I placed two pocket holes on the end in order to eventually attach the sides to the front.

The second half of the drawer slides was added to the sink cabinet.

Then I reattached the drawer slide pieces together, and secured the front to the sides with pocket holes.

I thought the frame needed some reinforcement, so I added another piece of plywood at the back of the frame, as well as some corner braces between the front piece and the side pieces.

Finally, I screwed on the towel rack, and it was done!

I love how it turned out! If you like it too, be sure to check out the full blog post. And if you're interested in the rest of my kitchen makeover, take a look at the full reveal!

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Lindsay Fay

• Christopher Small

Isn’t there a potential for musty/mouldy damp towels?

• Flipturn

Yes, there is if you put wet or damp towels on the rack, then close the door.

The idea for drying the towels is to have the door pulled out over night whereby air can circulate through the towels. In the morning, when the towels are dry, you can close the door, yet have dry towels accessible for when you need them.

• Rena Noele

I've wanted to do a small slide out for cutting boards. It looks like you added the high and low drawer slides to just the cabinet side? I've got to learn how to do that with the correct measurements.