Love Heart Art for Your Home From Broken Crockery

$4

I adore using up broken and Unwanted Items and upcycling these old vintage floral saucers and cups I decide to create a love heart wall art piece.

Cut crockery

Cutting crockery

I begin by cutting up some vintage crockery using wheeled tile nippers and wearing safety glasses. I nip around the pieces to make decals or pendant size from the ceramic flowers.

Glue onto base

Cutting china

I begin to arrange the pieces onto a plywood laser cut heart. I try and get a balance of size and colour in the design. I choose orange plate pieces for the border.

Orange china plate border

I continue to glue main pieces into the design and fill in all gaps with pale blue triangle pieces . The PVA glue secures the pieces and sets in approx 15-30 mins.

Fill in the background

Glue china pieces

Using triangle shapes in one pale colour is a way to help your floral pieces to stand out. It’s a bit like A jigsaw puzzle and finding the right sized pieces to fit the gaps is fun. Make sure you leave enough space in between the china for grouting later. Also slowly cut and glue plain china pieces around the outer edge of the heart.

Grouting

Background Blue pieces

I use black ready mixed grout and an old credit card with plastic protective gloves on I begin to spread grout onto the heart working it into all the crevices until all covered.

Cleaning mosaic

Grouting

Using wet wipes, I clean slowly and carefully over the heart to tidy and bring the piece to life.

Picasiette heart wall art
Picassiette art
Picassiette wall art
Picassiette wall art

18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
The Wonderful Things You Can Make With...Paper!
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes