Love Heart Art for Your Home From Broken Crockery

$4

I adore using up broken and Unwanted Items and upcycling these old vintage floral saucers and cups I decide to create a love heart wall art piece.

Cutting crockery
Cut crockery

I begin by cutting up some vintage crockery using wheeled tile nippers and wearing safety glasses. I nip around the pieces to make decals or pendant size from the ceramic flowers.

Cutting china
Glue onto base

I begin to arrange the pieces onto a plywood laser cut heart. I try and get a balance of size and colour in the design. I choose orange plate pieces for the border.

Orange china plate border

I continue to glue main pieces into the design and fill in all gaps with pale blue triangle pieces . The PVA glue secures the pieces and sets in approx 15-30 mins.

Glue china pieces
Fill in the background

Using triangle shapes in one pale colour is a way to help your floral pieces to stand out. It’s a bit like A jigsaw puzzle and finding the right sized pieces to fit the gaps is fun. Make sure you leave enough space in between the china for grouting later. Also slowly cut and glue plain china pieces around the outer edge of the heart.

Background Blue pieces
Grouting

I use black ready mixed grout and an old credit card with plastic protective gloves on I begin to spread grout onto the heart working it into all the crevices until all covered.

Grouting
Cleaning mosaic

Using wet wipes, I clean slowly and carefully over the heart to tidy and bring the piece to life.

Picasiette heart wall art
Picassiette art
Picassiette wall art
Picassiette wall art

22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
15 Memorial Day Crafts
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items