China Cabinet Makeover

$250

I debated buying this piece at first as it is huge, heavy and not typically my style, but it was such a great deal and I thought to myself that I could transform it into more of a modern updated look!

The details on this beauty are amazing!

I removed this old dirty felt liner to find gorgeous clean wood underneath!

While the hardware was nice, I wanted a more up to date feel!

I debated keeping this over the glass, but decided I wanted a cleaner look!

I wanted a fresh look so I purchased this peel and stick wallpaper from amazon to add to the back of the cabinet. The back came out easily, just use a rubber hammer and tap corners from inside the cabinet. It’s also easier to paint inside and remove glass. I purchased this paint trimmer for a couple of dollars to smooth out bubbles while putting the wallpaper on the back. It’s so simple to use and the paper is good quality.

Measure and cut the amount you need.

There is plenty wallpaper to do at least two pieces of furniture or use to line drawers ect..

I used this lush green paint color from the magnolia home Collection.

A Nice clean look!

This s is the hardware I used from amazon.

After painting the inside of the top white, replaced the glass, then put the back on. I decided it was too fussy with the metal accent over the glass so I removed them to keep it simple.

So fresh and clean!

I decided to keep the original hardware on the drawers because they work well with the overall look!

I finished the piece with a lovely wax from the Home Depot by varathane. It’s a smooth clear wax.

Overall, I’m very pleased with how it turned out! Now, it has a fresh clean look and ready for its new home!

Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House

• Shannon Ledezma

Where did you purchase your plastic Paint Trimmer? That's a handy tool for many things (for me, at least).

• Evelyn

Anyone ever paint a hutch/ my mom called hers a china cabinet. I wanna use black. Any ideas?

• Beachwood Place LLC

Yes, you can use fusion paint or Dixie belle, The chippy barn, shackteau interiors has a lovely black milk paint.Any of these are really great to use and many more!

• Cora Den Harder

What did you do to prep? Did you use liquid sander or something else before you painted? I am about to paint my china cabinet in a marine blue. Any hints are welcomed. Mine has 6 small vertical wicker inserts in the doors.

• Beachwood Place LLC

I use Krud kutter, its a degreaser, then if needed I use a fine sand block so the paint adheres better