Update Your Dresser by Using Different Colored Stains

$50

I found this mid century modern dresser on my local Facebook marketplace and if you follow me on here or Instagram you know I was going to give it a face-lift.

Sand

After sanding the drawers

I started by Sanding off the drawers with my electric orbital sander with 120/220/320 grit sandpaper. This dresser has a variation in the veneer layout on the middle of the drawers, so I decided that it should be part of the design and should be enhanced.

Taping the design

Painters tape

I used a generic painters tape this time because I wanted a narrower tape. Frogtape unfortunately doesn't come in this width...it still works fine just have to make sure you use little stain and wipe off immediately after applying so it doesn't leak under the tape

Apply stain

Dark walnut stain

first I applied dark walnut stain by minwax in the middle. And a new color I have never used before on the rest of the drawers.

Second stain

I wanted to try this new color for a while so I was excited for this project!

taking off the tape

this is what it looked like once I took off the tape!! I loved the gray ish brown color of flagstone and the contrast between raw veneer and dark brown. Once it dried overnight. The next morning I applied 2 coats of polyurethane clear coat on the drawers. I painted the rest of the dresser black as the top was laminate.

Paint

I have been loving this paint from valspar. I used this on the rest of the dresser.

All done!

here is the final product! If you like this transformation follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai for real time stories and updates on my projects!

3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls

• Pineapple

Great job and I love tge outcome. Did you not use a drop cloth on your beautiful floor?