Update Your Dresser by Using Different Colored Stains

$50

I found this mid century modern dresser on my local Facebook marketplace and if you follow me on here or Instagram you know I was going to give it a face-lift.

After sanding the drawers
Sand

I started by Sanding off the drawers with my electric orbital sander with 120/220/320 grit sandpaper. This dresser has a variation in the veneer layout on the middle of the drawers, so I decided that it should be part of the design and should be enhanced.

Painters tape
Taping the design

I used a generic painters tape this time because I wanted a narrower tape. Frogtape unfortunately doesn't come in this width...it still works fine just have to make sure you use little stain and wipe off immediately after applying so it doesn't leak under the tape

Dark walnut stain
Apply stain

first I applied dark walnut stain by minwax in the middle. And a new color I have never used before on the rest of the drawers.

Second stain

I wanted to try this new color for a while so I was excited for this project!

taking off the tape

this is what it looked like once I took off the tape!! I loved the gray ish brown color of flagstone and the contrast between raw veneer and dark brown. Once it dried overnight. The next morning I applied 2 coats of polyurethane clear coat on the drawers. I painted the rest of the dresser black as the top was laminate.

Paint

I have been loving this paint from valspar. I used this on the rest of the dresser.

All done!

here is the final product! If you like this transformation follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai for real time stories and updates on my projects!

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous

• Pineapple
    Pineapple

Great job and I love tge outcome. Did you not use a drop cloth on your beautiful floor?