DIY Car Diffuser for Essential Oils

$3

Take your oils with you whether it's a quick trip or a long road trip. This Dollar Tree craft lets you diffuser your oils in the far for less than $3!

Essential Oils

You have to be careful diffusing oils in the car. Some oils can make you drowsy, so be sure to avoid those. Click over to the post to see oils that you should use. Avoid using oils that aren't kid safe or pet safe if there are kids or pets in your car.

Oils I Use

I really like to diffuser Happy Joy in the car (and at home!). It's a fun citrus scent that helps me with focus and clarity.

Supplies

I picked up my supplies at Dollar Tree. I used pompoms, baker's twine, and mini clothespins. I also used scissors and a needle that I had at home.

Making The Diffuser

I liked the bright colors, so I used one of each. I just threaded the baker's twine on the needle and put the pompoms on the string.

Attach the Clothespin

When I got to the top, I threaded the clothespin on the twine and then went back down through the pompoms again to reinforce them.

Tie a Knot

I tied a simple knot on the end to finish it.

Hang It

Then just use the clothespin to hang it on your car's vent. Add 1 or 2 drops of essential oils to the pompoms. When you turn on the fan, the scent will fill the car. Add another drop to refresh it as needed.

How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Everything Pretty

• Janice

Thanks for sharing this cute trick! I have everything necessary to make a few of these for myself and friends who will think they're great! :) This willl really "jazz up" and be a step up from my usual cotton ball stuck into the vent which usually ends up lost beneath the seats of my car. :(

• Patty

I am definitely going to do this. I have adult children so I can give them some for their cars.