Scrap Wood Stool

$10

I couldn't believe this little stool was $275 at a designer store so I set out to make my own using materials I already had in the garage!

Draw a circle for the top of the stool

I didnt have a single board wide enough so I simply used 2 that I will attach together. To make my “perfect” circle I used a nail, string, and pencil.

Cut out your circle

Using a jigsaw I cut the circle shape out of my boards

Attach them together

If you used 2 boards, attach them together with wood glue and pocket holes. I also sanded the edges to get it rounder.

Cut your legs

I cut the 3 tripod style legs using a 1 inch dowel rod cut at 10 degrees and 24 inches long.

Attach legs

To attach the top of the legs to my stool I used these little double sided screws

Lots of twisting to get them screwed on in the right position

Looking pretty cute right?

Paint and/or stain

I decided to give my stool a “dipped” look using painters tape. I stained the top and painted the bottom.

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017

• Rachel's Trash~2~Treasures

At the risk of sounding like your mother, I'm gonna put this out there- PLEASE put your hair up and take off bracelets when using power tools! Safety first 😙

• Flipturn

Sensible advice that I'm sure any Emergency Room medical staff could agree with!

• Linda Abate

Nice job on your stool. The nice thing about this is that you can make it as tall or short as needed. This would also be a great table beside the bed to have a small reading lamp and a place to put your glasses, cell phone or your favorite book. Love it.

• Maude LaFountain

How sweet is that !! Goes to show that us DIYERS know we can save lots of money making things our self....You did a great job !!