Wire Pumpkin Wreath

$3

The Dollar Tree has really stepped it up lately when it comes to crafting and today I want to show you one way to use those wire pumpkin wreaths. I was in the dollar store and spied this wire pumpkin. I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I knew I'd think of something

First, Fabric!

It all came together for me when I was looking through the sale bin at Joann's and saw this spider lace fabric for about $2 a yard. I grabbed a yard and a half.
I cut the fabric into four pieces and placed the wire frame over one of them. 

Attaching the Fabric

I sat there for awhile and pondered how to attach the fabric to the wire frame. My first thought was hot glue, but thought it would look sloppy, so, out came the needle and thread. I started across the top by 'sewing' the thread through the fabric and around the wire. 
Then I grabbed the two ends of the thread and tied them in a knot. I repeated this multiple times across the top and bottom of the pumpkin. I was then left with the two sides where I gathered up the fabric and clipped it with a binder clip to hold it in place.
 While they were clipped, I tied thread around them:
The fabric was then trimmed to eliminate some of the bulk, and sewed/knotted like the rest of the pumpkin.
When it was done, this is how it looked

Embellish

Since there were spiders all over it, I felt the only thing it needed was a bow, so I grabbed some dollar store ribbon and made a bow for it.
And it was done - and easy, inexpensive way to decorate your home for Halloween! I hope you'll stop by my blog for more ideas. There's always something being created there! Reclaimed Wood PumpkinsWitch's Hat

31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Ann|The  Apple Street Cottage