Little Dresser Makeover

$75

I had a friend reach out wanting her dresser to have a facelift! When she sent me a picture of it, I was like “hmm ok it’s made of plywood, but we could work with this”. We both came up with the choice that a nice green would make this little dresser sure funky, minimal, and unique! check out my Instagram reels for a funny before and after video!

SAND

First step was to remove hardware and sand, and remove the laminate that was on the top!

Sanding

Thankfully since we were just repainting this dresser, not ALL the paint needed to come off, just enough to make a smooth finish.

Prime time

It was time to prime! It’s amazing how much even a primer can make something look that much better!

I use BIN shellac based by zinsser

Coats X2

2 coats!

Time to add green!

We went with behr paint from homedepot!

Green

I find all paint samples are a bit different then they come out once dried, but I am very happy with how it turned out and so is the client!

Top coat

I top coated everything in varathanes satin!

Legs

I took off the original legs and sanded them down and applied a minwax provincal stain.

I also added new handles I got from amazon!

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
15 Memorial Day Crafts
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box

• Darwin Copeland

Turned out good. Green color is just not for me but you did an awesome job. Would you consider a distressed look too?

• Wendy

Does the paint chip off at all after use?

• Jeanne Martin

Hi Wendy....If you are concerned about chipping paint (I am!) I have discovered and now only use Valspar Cabinet & Furniture paint. This paint is wonderful! It is self leveling and dries to a super hard finish. It comes in satin, semi-gloss or gloss. Plus, it needs no top coat (like poly). Just thought I'd mention it.

• Julie Porter

Hi I love the green with the brass accents. What color was the paint chip? I cannot tell from the photo in the post.

• Mona Plunkett

Really nice job!

• Johanne Palange

I love it. Simple, yet quite a success. This shade of green is just so soothing and relaxing. My hutch is just such a green and I never tire of it. It will have time to naturally distress before I ever do anything to it again.