DIY Stone Walkway

$200

I am a bare feet in the summer, slippers in the winter kind of a girl. The last thing I want to do when I am taking our crazy dog out is get my feet or my cozy slippers wet or muddy. Well, no more we FINALLY have a stone farmhouse walkway all around our farmhouse!

Before Picture of the Back of our Farmhouse

Ever since we bought our home I have been dreaming of having a stone walkway or path that would go all around our house & it is finally done!

We were fortunate to have a few paths started for us but the back was just never done.

While we appreciated the privacy the of the shrubs but they had become overgrown & made it impossible to walk along the back of our home. 

Clearing out the Overgrown Landscaping

We took down what bushes we could & paid a tree company to take down a pear tree that was planted way to close to our home.

Laying the Stone for the Walkway

After everything was leveled & weeded we laid down landscaping fabric & secured the fabric with pins. 

We had some extra Belgian block around the yard that we were able to re-use for the edging. 

If you are laying edging just make sure it is laid on top of the fabric & wrap the fabric up behind it. 

This will help keep dirt & weeds out of your path.

Finished Walkway

We filled the gaps in with some Quikrete River Pebbles that we purchased in bags from Lowes.

We even left a little room for  a small garden

I filled it with hostas & sky pencil hollies now but I hope to add herbs & a clematis vine next year. We also added a line of dogwoods along the back of our farmhouse & flagstone steps into our back door. I hope this inspires you to create a DIY stone walkway around your home. To see more of the flagstone walkways around our farmhouse, be sure to check out link below to take you to my blog for more information.

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Tara @ Lehman Lane

• Igor
    Igor

Curious about your downspouts- did you run them through the rocks and out the edging OR bury them before extending? Cant quite tell in the post pic

• Tara @ Lehman Lane
      Tara @ Lehman Lane

We did run our downspouts through the rocks as best we could angling them away from our house. We would like to add a few rain barrels in the future but that is not in the budget at the moment :)