How to Make DIY Fabric Wrapped Pots

$10

Looking for an inexpensive and super cute gift idea? Well you might want to try making your own DIY fabric wrapped pots.

They’re so easy to make, and bring in a fun pop of color for a hostess gift or housewarming gift—you name it.

Supplies:

+ Super cheap terra cotta pots in various sizes

+ Any extra fabric you have on hand

+ Mod Podge

+ Brush

+ Scissors

Cut enough fabric that will wrap fully around your pot with a little overlap. Don’t forget to lave extra room to fold it over the top and bottom (at least 2″ on both sides).

If you use too large of a piece of fabric, don’t worry…you can trim it down as you need to while you’re wrapping the pot.

Note: I used too much fabric here…I trimmed down lots of excess fabric on this version. Learn from my mistakes. :)

Option with less fabric…This works much better.

Heavily coat a section of the pot with Mod Podge and begin to stick the start of your fabric to the pot with your hands. Continue this step all the way around until the side fabric is fully adhered. The fabric works better the wetter it is, so be generous with that Podge.

Next, coat the extra fabric at the bottom of the pot and fold down, flattening the fabric. Add one more coat of Podge to the finished sides for security.

Next, cut slits in your fabric around the top, and fold the fabric over the top and coat with Podge.

Coat your entire pot top to bottom once more with a thin coat of the Podge to ensure durability, and let it dry. Once dry it will have a hard, solid feel, and the Podge will be clear.

Coat your entire pot top to bottom once more with a thin coat of the Podge to ensure durability, and let it dry.

Once dry it will have a hard, solid feel, and the Podge will be clear.

That’s it! These DIY fabric wrapped pots are best for indoor use…the glue could wash off over time of left outside.

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Audrey Kuether

• Pash Christina Morelli
    Pash Christina Morelli

Do you have to shape the fabric first? I was thinking, that as the fabric is stuck down, don't you end up with a lot of excess fabric towards the bottom, as it's narrower than the top? 🤔

• Audrey Kuether
      Audrey Kuether

I had some excess fabric at the bottom, but before gluing down, I took my scissors and trimmed it down as much as I could. It really helped and the glue did a great job keeping the rest down. It works best to start with a little more fabric that you think you'll need and trim as you go. Hope that helps!

• Anita Lee-Yu
    Anita Lee-Yu

Is this use as a cashe pot?? If so will the fabric eventually peel away from pot???

• Audrey Kuether
      Audrey Kuether

I use it to hold office supplies, etc, but it would work for plants too. The fabric has stayed glued down for 8 years and counting. It's very strong. :)