DIY Real Cedar & Orange Topiaries

$3

Here is a step by step tutorial on how to make DIY Real Cedar & Orange Topiaries for your Christmas decorating.

MATERIALS NEEDED

• Wooden Base
  • 3.8 x 11.8 Styrofoam Cone
  • Dowel Rod or stick
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Floral Pins
  • Dried Orange Slices
  • Fresh Real Cedar or Faux Cedar - Cut approx. 5 - 6 inch lengths
  • Small Pinecones

First, if you want to make your base, you need to cut the wood the same diameter or larger than the size of your cone base. Then drill a hole in the center and insert a stick or dowel rod. Insert Cone onto the stick and push down until the desired height.

Cut sprigs of cedar approx. 5-6 inches long and gather small bundles together.

Using a floral pin, attach the bundles to the cone along the bottom being sure to cover the base of the cone.

For this next layer, you will need a glue gun and your dried oranges slices. If you missed my post on how to dry fruit, you can see it here.

Add a drop of hot glue to the orange slice and press to the cone just above the cedar. Go all around the top of the cedar with orange slices. Don't worry if you see gaps between the oranges. Fill in between the oranges by adding a drop of hot glue to sprigs of cedar and cover any exposed areas.

Repeat with another row of cedar using the floral pins to apply and then another round of oranges. Once again, fill in any gaps by using hot glue to attach small sprigs of the cedar.

For the final step, I gathered some small pinecones to add to the top of the topiaries however, you can purchase small pinecones if necessary. In addition, other items can be used for the top of the topiary, such as a metal or wooden star would be cute.

Using hot glue, adhere two to three small pinecones to the top. Then fill in around the pinecones with small sprigs of the real cedar to cover any exposed cone.

The finished topiaries look great as a table centerpiece mixed with other natural elements. If you like easy diy projects, see this simple project.

31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
Everything Red For Canada Day
Rachel The Ponds Farmhouse

• Hb
    Hb

These trees are spectacular . Thank you for sharing the idea , I am off to find some cedar boughs I can use to do this for my house. ( I hope you dont mind me copying your idea .....they say imitation is the highest form of flattery! ) Can I ask is the pedestal under one of your trees made from cement ? Plaster? I love it too! your image of the soft looking cow is also adorable.

• Rachel The Ponds Farmhouse
      Rachel The Ponds Farmhouse

It is a resin urn. It does look like concrete however! Thanks so much for stopping by! Im

so glad you like this. I do have prints available of the cow.

Rachel.