Blanket Ladder With Copper Accents

$30

Blanket ladders are go gorgeous . Whether you use them as a decorative piece or you use it to store blankets you cover up with everyday , they are perfect for any home.

Follow along with me and I will show you how you can build your own.

Materials needed:

• (2) 2x4 pine boards
  • (3) 48” 7/8 dowel
  • 10 3/4 copper ends caps
  • 5 min quick set epoxy
  • 15/16 paddle bit

Cut each 2x4 to 6’. Then cut one end of each board at a 10 degree angle. This will be the bottom of the legs.

mark out the spacing for the rungs

From the bottom, measure up 16” and mark the Center of the board.

Continue to mark at every 12”. You will have a total of 5 places marked to drill spots for the dowels. If you want a 4 rung ladder (like the cover picture) space the dowels all At 16”

Drill out the holes

Drill out the holes for the dowels with a paddle bit on both legs. I clamp my legs together when doing this to make sure the holes line up.

To help prevent tear out, I use painters tape over the spot I will be making the hole, as well as I clamp a scrap board on the bottom of the pieces as well when drilling out the holes.

Now that all the holes are drilled out. Sand each leg.

Cut 5 pieces of doweling at 22” long.

Before you start to assemble the ladder, if you are doing the dowel rungs a different colour than the legs, stain the legs and paint the dowels and allow to dry before assembling.

Slide in the dowels into the holes and leave 1.5” sticking out.

on the backside of the legs, I used 1.5” brad nails to secure the rungs in place.

Add the copper caps

To secure the copper end caps in place, I used a small amount of 5 min epoxy. You can also use super glue if you want. I also, put some epoxy around the dowels where they meet the legs. I found by doing this, it prevents the ladder from being wobbly.

I absolutely love these blanket ladders, the copper ends caps help bring so much to the piece.

thank you for following along. I hope you found this post helpful and I hope you are able to now create your own beautiful ladder.

be sure to follow along with me on here, hometalk, as well as Instagram .

cannot wait for our next DIY together.

x

Amber

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen

• J
    J

Love it!! Did you also make your doors? If so I would love to know how you made them !!

• Em
    Em

$20.00 on Amazon for 2 packs of copper caps or tape and spray the ends with copper paint for $4.00 from Walmart.