How to Install Peel and Stick Tile Over Linoleum

$70

This project was way simpler than I thought it was going to be and as of today (4 months later), it’s holding up quite nicely!

Please keep in mind, I am not a professional floor installer.This entire post is based on my personal experience. So just note that there were some things on the instruction list I skipped.

However, everything I share below is exactly how I completed this project and it really was easy.

Before Photo

I’m sure this goes without saying, but be sure to clean the floor before starting. And allow it to dry before starting your peel and stick floor tile project.

Find the center of your room. I used my laser measurer and a regular tape measurer to figure out middle.

Once you’ve determined your center, layout the tiles to get a feel for how it will look before you start peeling and sticking. This will also help you see if you should shift it a little or not based on how it lines up with the edges.

Gather your materials. I’m sure you could get away with other similar materials, but these crafting tools worked like a charm.

At the very least, you’ll need a ruler, straight edge and a box cutter.Below are pictures with links to each of the items I used to complete this project.

Measure each side of the tile you are needing to cut. Then it is just a matter of rolling over your cut line with the rotary cutter and using the xacto knife and box cutter to cut it enough to make it bend and snap.

As you can see in the picture above, my cuts weren’t perfect, but I did caulk at the end.

I used my clear ruler to help measure each area and to transfer it on to the tile before making any cuts.

It’s highly recommended by me that you do all of the full squares first and then worry about the cuts last.

I made the mistake of intricately measuring and mapping the pattern for around the toilet. Just to find out, I didn’t even need that much tile there.

Kind of hard to tell in this finished product photo, but I caulked all the edges around the walls, the vanity, the tub, and the toilet to give it a more clean look.

Find the full post here and the YouTube video here (subscribe while you're there, too). What do you think?

30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Christin | My Homier Home

• Michelle
    Michelle

Beautiful. Would this project be good for apartment dwellers? I mean is it removable?

• Liz
      Liz

It's beautiful, it's a brilliant idea and I love it!! So much easier for people who are unable to get down on the floor to stencil. Also, a quick project for those with limited time. Thanks for sharing!!

• Judi
    Judi

How is it holding up over the grout lines where the surface is lower than the tiles? Any chance the peel and sticks would crack there over time?

• Ashley
      Ashley

Um..no she didn't...even the title of the piece says 'Linoleum"

• Mary Smith
    Mary Smith

Would this work on countertops?

• Beverly A. Hampt
    Beverly A. Hampt

Did mine many years ago and is still holding on! My tip---remove toilet. Easy to do and probably needs a new "O" ring anyway. My big mistake? Needed a few more tiles, probably about 1/2 doz. Did not match up lot numbers! Therefore, those 1/2 doz are a slightly different shade! No one has ever mentioned it but it is obvious to me. Proud of my job anyway! Yours looks great!

• Cathy R
    Cathy R

Looks beautiful !