Another Dresser Gets a Makeover

$75

This dresser came to me from a client who purchased it at a thrift store and wanted me to give it a makeover

Before

It was dark and seemed like someone has already tried to refinish it and applied very dark varnish over the existing one. So as always I got to sanding. With sandpaper grit 120 then 220.

Here the doors are already sanded down and I loved how white the wood actually was.

The legs were too lose so I decided to take them off and replace them. I put new furniture legs from Amazon.

Once the legs were off I wanted to do a cool design on the doors of this dresser to make them look cool. So I used some frogtape to mark out a design and got to painting

Here is one if the doors still drying

For the top I also marked out a design with frogtape and used a wood stain to jazz up the now sanded down light wood.

The stain color is called flagstone

Once everything was dry I applied a polycrilyc clear coat for a durable finish.

If you like this transformation and would like to follow real time progress shots follow me on Instagram @andreapalmai

These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash

• Jenny
    Jenny

I bet the client was thrilled!

• Tanya
    Tanya

I love it I have the exact same piece of furniture. It happened to be my Grandmothers, she used it as a buffet and it had a matching dinning table and chairs. I love the was you designed it, great look.