Easy DIY Moss Wreath

$10

Hello, I'm Cindy and blog over at Cloches & Lavender where I share DIYU's, crafts and upcycling with chalk paint.

Spring will be here before we know it and today I am sharing my easy DIY wreath. It is very easy and adds fun texture to you home for spring.

Supplies Needed:

• wreath
  • self stick moss
  • scissors
  • glue gun and glue sticks

Steps to Make a Moss Wreath

First, I laid my moss and wreath on my craft table. I namely did this so I was able to measure and cut my moss. So then, I cut my moss into a strip and wrapped it around the wreath specifically to determine the length.

Next, I began wrapping my wreath. Incidentally, I had bought the self stick moss at JoAnn. After peeling the backing off the moss it is very sticky. Because of it being so sticky I needed a minimal amount of hot glue. For instance, I have bought self stick moss from Michael’s for other projects and I did need to use hot glue on all the seams.

As a result of this picture, you will also want to save moss you have leftover. Because the wreath has spaces fill in with the moss leftover.

You may want to read  this post to make the nest shown on the wreath.

Steps to Make a Stick Frame to Hang Around Your Wreath

Next, I brought sticks inside from the yard. So then, I cut the sticks 11″ and using the hot glue gun I add a small dot of glue to each corner. Hold a few moments to dry. After your pieces dry, cut branches to add to corners and glue. Hang the frame using florist wire. The stick frame adds dimension and also texture to the wreath.

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Cindy Cloches and Lavender

• Nicole P
    Nicole P

It looks great! Thanks for sharing.

• Tish
    Tish

Self-stick moss??? *shocked face* 😳 I never knew this was a thing and now you have made my day... week... month... YEAR!!! 😂

Thank you so VERY much for that valuable information, and as I’m headed to Joanne’s today I shall get some for future projects! *silently cheers* 🎉