Rainbow River of Melted Crayons on Coffee Wooden Table

$60

Today i will try do something new for me. I have never worked with epoxy. And i decided to make such popular "river table". As i didn't have enough experience in work with epoxy, i decided to make some small coffee table. I learned a lot of new and that was a great experience! I hope you will like the result!

Please forgive me for my English You can find more information in my video

First of all i cut a table top using my edge milling machine.

I used such a simple jig, it allows you to cut just a perfect circles.

Then i draw the silhouette of the river. You can draw any silhouette you like, just let your imagination free.

My first try unfortunately failed. I was planning that the will be lights. So i placed light and fixed them with hot glue. it looks not bad? How do you think?

Then i selected some of my favorite crayons and melted them into the waterway. It became a little bit messy, but it's not a big deal. the most horrible thing was that the lights didn't shine as bright as i was planned. So i decided to make one more try. I melted everything away. Removed the lights.

My little helper helps me to fill the waterway with new crayons! That was really fun)

So we fill the waterway with new crayons. And then i used my heat gun and melted them.

When the crayons melting, they are mixing their colors. You can mixed them with toothpick.

When the wax cooled up, i scraped away the overflow wax, leveled the surface

I cleaned and covered the corners with metallic adhesive tape. So my epoxy will not run away

I also made a borders with hot gun.

Now it's time to make epoxy and fill the waterway. I let it dry over two days

While the epoxy was drying out, i decided to make a legs for my table. I used legs from old cracked stool.

I cut out all unnecessary with my DIY mitter saw. (You can find the video on my channel how i made this)

I cut the legs.

I make a crosspiece

Then i add some wood glue and fixed it with the clamps

Now it time to sanding epoxy

After sanding i polished the surface

I cut out all sharp edges with milling machine

After all i apply two coats of lacquer

And it becomes shiny and glossy :)

The only thing i have to do, it attached table top to the legs.

So that's all! My coffee river table is ready! That was not easy and i made some mistakes, but i think that it's not so bad for the first try)) What do you think?

So guys thanks for watching! Hope we will meet again in my new projects!

30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas